cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2 Airlink not finding my pc to pair

cheeseballgod_rhys
Honored Guest

I have had a new Quest 2 for some time now, and I have tried to connect it to my PC to play PCVR. When I have the Airlink pairing menu open, it simply says Searching for PCs... but cannot find my PC. Both devices are on the same WiFi, and I have tried several times restarting both devices. On my old Quest 2, it used to work perfectly fine to connect to Airlink. If anybody can help that would be very great since I have been researching for hours trying to figure out the solution but to no avail.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @cheeseballgod_rhys! We definitely want for you to be able to use Air Link on your headset without running into issues like this! he first thing we would recommend would be to exactly follow the instructions on our support page for setting up the connection. Hopefully those should get things working for you. If you run into any issues, please let us know which step in particular is where things are going wrong and what you are seeing on both your PC and headset and we can take a look.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I just said, whenever I look for my PC, it just says Searching for PCs and can't find my PC. I have tried so many things to fix this but it still doesn't work. I already specified many things in my original post so I am a bit confused on your response.

Hey @cheeseballgod_rhys, in order for us to be able to help troubleshoot, we will need more information and context about specifically what you are seeing.

1. Are you following the steps listed in that article exactly when trying to set up the link?
  2. What do you see on your PC while this is happening?
  3. Do you have the Oculus PC app running?
  4. How long has it been since you installed the Oculus app?
  5. Have you ever been able to use Air Link or a cable link with this PC in the past?
  6. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

The more specifics you can provide, the better equipped we will be to help out.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

1. I am following all the steps listed in the article up to the point of "select your PC in the available PCs list"
2. On my PC, I see the screen where it tells you the instructions to do on your Oculus.

3. I have the Oculus PC app running.

4. It has been only a couple days since I reinstalled the PC app.

5. I used to be able to use AirLink on my old headset in the past.

6. To troubleshoot, I have tried restarting both devices, toggling AirLink and Quest Link off and on, and making sure my PC's specs checked out.

Thank you @cheeseballgod_rhys  for the swift response and answering our previous questions. We're sorry this has been an ongoing issue concerning the Air Link not locating your PC. With that being said, please send us a PM so we can further work on this issue by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

Hey @cheeseballgod_rhys, we're just dropping in to let you know we received your PM, and will continue to provide assistance through that channel. Looking forward to speaking with you soon. Have an amazing rest of your day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?