cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2 Not Casting to Vizio Smart TV with built in Chromecast

sam.476455
Honored Guest

I have the Meta quest 2 and a vizio smart TV with chrome cast built in. I can cast my vr to my phone no problem. It can see my TV no problem but when I try to cast to my TV it keeps saying there was an an error and your streaming has stopped. All devices (the meta, the phone and tv) are all connected to my home wifi. I can't figure out how to get it to cast to this TV.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

a Chrome cast with network

Does that mean you have a dedicated network box?  Kind of an extreme solution.

dpetrill
Honored Guest

I also have this same issue, the Vizio would start to “cast” then just show a black screen on the TV.  

Workaround if you in dire need, is to cast to your Meta App, then Airplay to the Vizio. This is a temporary solution if you aren’t able to buy a chrome cast separately.  Another method is to stream to the laptop then cast it in chrome to the TV.  

VIZIO needs to fix this would be nice.. As I would like to share my experience with others and have them see the same with little to no Lag.

Brapineau
Explorer

I have also had this issue for over a year.

Game nights have stopped. They should fix this... it's a free form of marketing and longer engagement.

Howdy there, @Brapineau! We entirely understand that you're having difficulties casting to your smart TV. And we know how this affects your VR experience. So, if you haven't already, we'd like to leave some suggestions for you to take in consideration. Please keep us updated on how things proceed so that we can evaluate if any more measures are required.

In order to start casting, a few requirements must be met: 

• Both the headset and the receiving device need to be connected to the same local area network (Generally this just means connected through the same router, though it may be more complex on public or enterprise systems)
  • Best practice is to have the headset connected through 5Ghz, though 2.4Ghz may still work at limited quality
  • When casting to a computer or mobile app, both the headset and the device displaying the cast must be logged into the same account
    • This limits secondary accounts from casting to the mobile app, as a secondary account cannot be connected to an app

We hope that you find these suggestions helpful.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, @Brapineau! We're keeping an eye on you and wondering if you still need any further assistance casting to your TV. If you do, please let us know and we'll be delighted to continue assisting you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Indo2
Honored Guest

The same is happening to me, I’m ready to return my oculus. Did you figure out the problem?

Jist of it is, TV is 4k so Chromecast is in 4k. Oculus won't cast to that format.

Bought a 1080 Chromecast dongle. Cast to my TV just fine now.

Bit of an oxymoron... Built in Chromecast to TV should be backwards compatible and have no need to buy an additional external Chromecast.

I'm double chromed in this bitch!

Chief990011
Honored Guest

It does the same thing to me on my meta 3. I have 2 older Visio tvs that it casts to just fine. It is the new POS that is worthless. 

Hey there, @Chief990011! We see your Meta Quest 2 is not casting to your Vizio Smart Tv. We totally get how important it is to ensure that everything is running smoothly for a super smooth experience, so we'd be more than happy to take a look. With this in mind, here's a few casting tips that should help. Let us know if you've tried this:

• Restart your headset, phone and your casting device.
  • Before you begin casting, make sure your headset and the device that you’re casting to can directly communicate with each other.
  • Check for software updates on your headset, phone and your casting device.
  • Restart your Wi-Fi router.

Howdy, @Chief990011! We were just checking in with you to see if you were still needing assistance. We look forward to hearing from you, and want to ensure you're well taken care of. We hope you have a great day!