cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2. Stuck on Meta symbol. Meta replaced headset 2 times (onto 3rd headset)- same problem!

tony.331643
Honored Guest

Hi there,

I am writing here as Meta support is likely to just send me another headset. 3 times now I have been stuck on the set up at the point where you press the Meta symbol to center the view and then it wont go any further. I have tried factory reset for all headsets. I have deleted bluetooth connections on my phone. I even loaded the Meta app on a different phone. Same problem! Meta has sent 2 replacement headsets, after this happened with the original one. Help!! Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @tony.331643! We understand that your experience with Meta Quest was not what you were expecting. We want all of our customers to have the best experience while playing the device, and if you need any support for your device, we want to say that we truly appreciate the patience you have shown us. We do not want to see you go, but we will be here if you need any help in the future. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We definitely want to help do everything we can when it comes to headsets getting stuck on the Meta logo. Are you confirming that you just received a replacement from us with the same issue?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Im on replacement number 3. same issue each time

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tony.331643! Thank you for following up and providing your experience. We always want our users to be able to enjoy their devices to the fullest with minimal roadblocks. We noticed you've opened a ticket about this. As all the information we would need is private account information, we'll address the remainder of your query there. If you have any additional questions or challenges, please let us know.

Hey again just following up with you on this! We're happy to jump in and help, we just need to speak with you in private! Click on our user name then click the option to send us a private message and we'll be happy to look into this.

I ended up getting a refund from Amazon for the headset. I was promised higher level support who never contacted me. There is obviously an issue with the way the app on my phone was communicating to the headset, even though I deleted it several times and loaded it on someone else's phone. The offer of continued replacement headsets was pointless, after the second time I knew it was a waste of time. Meta would not refund my game purchases as they were "more than 14 days prior" when this issue was with the headset and could have occured at any stage of the ownership. So I am out of pocket for games which I purchased and cannot use as I no longer have a headset. The continued cycling of support people on  the WhatsApp site was also frustrating, I think i must have talked to about 10 different agents all who had to familiarize themselves with my issue. I really liked the headset when it worked, but this experience means I definitely wont purchase another one from Meta.

Hey @tony.331643! We understand that your experience with Meta Quest was not what you were expecting. We want all of our customers to have the best experience while playing the device, and if you need any support for your device, we want to say that we truly appreciate the patience you have shown us. We do not want to see you go, but we will be here if you need any help in the future. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?