cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2 left thumbstick is reading forwards as backwards.

YeForestKing
Explorer

I just got this problem a few days ago when playing Vivecraft when my character would just stop and walk backwards when I move forwards. I thought this was a glitch so I played different Vivecraft versions ending up with the same problem. I got tired of it so I went to play a different game entirely. I then learned that I had the same problem in Contractors so it wasn't a game problem but a problem with the left controller thumbstick. I then tested it in thumbstick calibration which showed that when pushed anywhere except forwards the thumbstick reads properly. But when pushed forwards it would seem to want to read backwards while reading forwards. If you read this and need video of what is happening tell me how to upload video to the forums because I do not know how.

15 REPLIES 15

It's stick drift, a depressingly common problem. If your headset is still under warranty, log a support call to have it replaced. Support will be along shortly with a link and instructions about settinga  deadzone. That will only mask the problem for a bit though, at best.

If you do not have a warranty, search these forums, Reddit or Google for "Quest stick drift" for various solutions of increasing complexity and effectiveness.

YeForestKing
Explorer

Thank you sir.

Hey @YeForestKing, we just wanted to chime in, just in case you weren't able to find our support page. We are more than happy to send out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can clear this up. So, before we do anything else, we'd like you to try recalibrating your controllers since it's been incredibly useful for our past users. We'll leave the steps here for you to try if you haven't already.

Quest 2 and Quest Pro:

• From your headset, select Settings.
  • Select Controller Settings.
  • Under Joystick Deadzone and Range, select the joystick you're having an issue with.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joystick dead zones.
    • Note: When your controllers are turning on, make sure the joysticks are resting in their neutral position.

Please let us know how it goes.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

YeForestKing
Explorer

I tried this and it didn't fix it. I'm not sure if it is even stick drift at all because what I'm seeing is much more weird. I think you would better understand what I mean if I was able to send you a video of it, is this possible?

Hello there, @YeForestKing! Not something that we would like for our users to encounter, since we know how this could be affecting your VR experience. We would like to know if this is only happening with that game. Also we would like to know what type of troubleshooting you have done, to avoid asking you to repeat the same process. We would also like to suggest you trying to uninstalling the app to see if that could improve your gameplay.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

charlese123g
Protege

These guys @Vravmo00 on Instagram are the best in the business! Very responsive! They notated my problems & quickly came up with a gameplan to make my problems go away! I'm so glad I went to them instead of trying to figure out how to do this on my own

Hey there, @YeForestKing! We're keeping an eye on you and wondering if you're still experiencing drift on your controllers. Please let us know, and we'll be more than delighted to continue assisting you.

YeForestKing
Explorer

I am still having problems can I send a video of what's happening or get a phone number to call. Sorry my responses are taking long I'm kind of busy with work.

Hello there, no problem. We would greatly appreciate it if you could upload a video to YouTube so that we could see what you're going through. Also, if this is only happening with one app. also what type of troubleshooting you've done.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?