cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2 powering off

AmishPirate
Honored Guest

Facts, 

Battery is fully charged, sensors are clean brand new out of the box. I can not even complete the setup process and the unit randomly shuts off / powers down. Factory reset did not fix the problem, now I'm just stuck trying to set the unit up again while it keeps powering down. My daughter makes it maybe a minute or 2 into beat Saber but it just keeps turning off. In need of a Christmas miracle because this device is nothing but problems. No joy.

2 REPLIES 2

savvie.2022
Honored Guest

I have exactly the same problem, and a very upset daughter also...brand new out of the box today and it just constantly powers off during the set up process and the screen goes black. I could throw the bloody thing I'f it didn't cost me so much! Have.you had any luck with this?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @AmishPirate. Thank you for reaching out. We understand that your new device keeps shutting down. That is definitely not good, and we would love to help! We see that you have done some troubleshooting already, and we appreciate that. We do have a few more questions for you. Can you tell us the following?

Is your headset shutting off while the forehead sensor is covered?
Is the headset shutting off, going to sleep, or is the display just turning off with the headset itself still on?

Can you still hear music after the display goes black?

Please leave it charging over night.

If the issue still persists,, we recommend reaching out to our support team since we may require some sensitive information from your account. Hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!