cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2 refuses to connect to the iOS Application

SystemicWaves
Honored Guest

Hello @MetaQuestSupport or anyone else whom may be willing to assist!

My current issue and still ongoing issue is that my Meta App has been completely useless for controlling / casting my Meta Quest 2 Device, everything else in the Meta Quest app is great the only part that isn't that really needs to be worked on is the Devices because I've got my Meta Device here on the same WiFi network but the app just constantly shows "Connecting" rather than actually talking to the device and making a connection it just says connecting, I'm sure it doesn't take like 10 minutes to connect and talk to my Meta Quest 2 Device, this is mainly an issue because I can't adjust any settings on my HMD, mainly being the Developer Options. I've tried uninstalling the app, clearing the app data, hell even logging out and back in to confirm that it's the correct account that I am logging into however those attempts have been useless.

If you can would be great to get some assistance on this

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

bulldog25413
Honored Guest

Ive had the same issue for over a year now. Basically have gave up on using the app. I still have screenshots that ive taken months ago that say they are sync'd in the headset, but because the app never connects I can not see them.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! Thank you for letting us know about your trouble with not being able to pair your iOS devices to your headsets. We know how troublesome this can be for our users, and we would be happy to help you both look into this issue further! 

So we can look further into this, please reach out to our support page. Please provide as much information as you can about what you are experiencing, as well as any troubleshooting you have already tried to resolve this issue on your own. Once you have submitted your ticket, we will be more than happy to look further into this issue! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

It would be more helpful and users may be more inclined to submit bug reports if we was not immediately sidelined with canned and scripted responses asking us to factory reset the headset the moment someone submits a ticket. I myself have a list of documented bugs and workarounds, but its hard to bring myself to reach out to Meta when I already know I am just going to be told to factory reset the headset for the 100th time and I just do not have enough time in the day to fill out a form for each and every bug to just turn around and factory reset the headset for each bug report when I included in the ticket that a factory reset does not resolve the issue.