cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 3 Grey screen after factory reset

Playngrow
Honored Guest

HI Team, I have tracking lost issue and did factory reset from Headset as per the instructions given by Meta. But I can see only gray screen. The start-up guide is not coming up after multiple ons and offs, and i left the headset charging for 24 hours as well. It is really frustrating to have this kind of issues. I am not running a VR center and my business has been stopped due to this issue. Please let me know a quick remedy

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Playngrow, and we appreciate the steps you've taken so far to get back running smoothly. We don't want this to continue to affect your business, so we'd love to look further into your device. So that we can, do send us a PM! To reach us, either select our name to get to our profile page, or click here while signed in to the community. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us!

Prior to doing so, if you haven't already, we would like to attempt the following with the device:

• Remove any third party accessories from the headset
  • Hard reboot the device by holding the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Attempt to factory reset the device once more.

From there, we look forward to hearing from you soon! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We just wanted to swing by to see if any further assistance was needed. If so, do let us know! We'd love to continue working with you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Playngrow
Honored Guest

No Still no solution after Factory reset multiple times. Sometimes I can see the start up screen with controller but That time controller is not connecting with the headset. So I could not login to the account. If I remove the headset once that start up screen also disappears. Again I had to reset or boot the device again and again to see start up screen. I have removed the batteries from controller and reintersed multiple times but controller is not connecting to headset. I there any specfic time for showing the start up. Why because I could not judge when the start up shows up and let me know the reason for controller not connecting to the headset. And let me know is there any other way to login without controller

Hey @Playngrow. Thank you for getting in touch with us and informing us of the current situation. In order to assist you further, we kindly ask you to send us a private message. This way, we can collect some necessary details from you and start working on a possible solution. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Talk soon!

Hi @Playngrow. We hope all is well. Just stopping in to see if you were still in need of our assistance? Make sure to hit us up in a private message for further help with your issue.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?