cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 3 initial setup and multiple family accounts

RKTECT79
Honored Guest

Hi,

I know the answer may already be in the forum in some form based on what I've already read but there are so many permutations on this issue I want to be sure I get the right answer for my specific situation.

My son setup his quest 3 with his meta account. I presume this makes him the "admin" for this device. Since then I have setup my own account and set it as a supervisor/parent account. It's not clear if my son remains the 'admin' for this headset or if it's me now that I'm supervising his account. 

1st question: is it likely that my son is still admin on this headset?

We've both been able to log in and use the headset with both our accounts.

2nd question: i want to buy a new app (bonelab) that my son wants. Should I purchase this through his (assuming he is still the admin) account or my account? I want to ensure we are both able to play the game on the headset. Some of my reading indicates I should use the admin account and enable app sharing to be able to do this? Is this correct?

3rd question: can I change my account to be the "admin" account, rather than my son's, so i can manage and share all future purchases?

Thank you. I appreciate that this is a common issue with plenty of discussions on this topic but really don't want to accidently end up in some of the twisted account situations I've read about already.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @RKTECT79! It's important to us to make sure our user's have all the information they'll need for a successful VR gaming experience, so we'd love to provide some insight! Just to let you know, the admin account on the headset would be the first account the headset was set up and paired to. Any account logged into on the headset after that first account would be a secondary account. To change admin accounts, you can factory reset the headset, then log into and pair your own account on the headset first. Also, if the admin account enables app sharing, the secondary account will have access to any purchased games on the admin account. For more information about multiple accounts on the headset, please check out this article and don't hesitate to ask us! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @RKTECT79! It's important to us to make sure our user's have all the information they'll need for a successful VR gaming experience, so we'd love to provide some insight! Just to let you know, the admin account on the headset would be the first account the headset was set up and paired to. Any account logged into on the headset after that first account would be a secondary account. To change admin accounts, you can factory reset the headset, then log into and pair your own account on the headset first. Also, if the admin account enables app sharing, the secondary account will have access to any purchased games on the admin account. For more information about multiple accounts on the headset, please check out this article and don't hesitate to ask us! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

shakebake71
Honored Guest

Hello

Did you end up resetting to factory and setting up the account for your parent account?  I think the same thing happened to me.  Setup the headset with my son's account initially....now I can't seem to share apps, approve/him buy apps.  Doesn't work.

Think I need to reset, and setup with my account first so I am admin.

Have you done that?

Hello, hello, @shakebake71! We see you may be having similar app sharing issues, and so we wanted to pop help out! By the way, if your son's account was set up on the headset first, then it would be the primary account on the headset. As only the primary account on the headset is able to share apps, per this article, we therefore recommend factory resetting the headset to pair your account first in the Meta Quest mobile app. From there, you should be able to enable app sharing on your account and share your VR content! If you run into any further problems, be sure to let us know! We'll always be glad to hear from you! 

Hey there, @shakebake71! We wanted to be sure to check back in on those app sharing problems you were reporting earlier. Should any issues pop up, don't hesitate to let us know! We'd like to do everything we can to ensure your VR gaming experience is thriving!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?