cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 3 is broken

CosmicSynergy
Honored Guest

My husband's Meta Quest 3, bought from Amazon on Oct. 12, is broken. It stopped responding to the right controller. I rebooted, changed the controller's battery, and did a factory reset with no results.

I contacted Meta support, they determined that the entire Quest 3 kit needed to be replaced for a new one. 
I sent them my Amazon invoice, along with the serial numbers on bothe the headset and right controller.
they sent me an RMA number, but the serial numbers they said they expect for that RMA are not even close to the serial numbers I sent them.

I don't want to send them my husband's headset, only for them to tell me I sent the wrong product. 
I've replied to their emails multiple times over the past week + only to get a canned response from various people assuring me that they will be happy to help and to send them the serial numbers., which I've repeatedly done, only to get no further response. So I send the information again, with the same assurance of help, request for information, then silence.

Can someone please help? It's a lot of money to lose one something that lasted only 3 months. I just need an RMA with the correct seeial numbers so my husband's headset gets replaced.

Should I contact Amazon or dispute through my credit card?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

6 REPLIES 6

Choleni
MVP
MVP

Hi @CosmicSynergy 🙂

Yes, I would contact Amazon.

They are the seller of the device.... for me in warranty time always the first I talk too.

I got several things replaced by Amazon within warranty time...it was always fast and easy.

Nagorak
Protege

Don't dispute with your credit card unless you want to get banned from Amazon. Whatever you do, don't do that.

If you're in the U.S. I doubt Amazon will help outside the return period, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try.

In the US, isn't the seller the one you talk to during the warranty period?
I'm in Europe and even after almost 2 years (warranty is 2 years here) I either got my money back or a replacement from Amazon for a defective item.

No, in the U.S. after the return period (generally 30 days, although Best Buy is only 14 days) you have to deal with the manufacturer. Like maybe you can argue with them if you're only a couple of days over (no guarantee it will work), but beyond that there's almost no hope of getting the retailer to take it back.

The European regulations are a lot better for the consumer in that regard.

Thank you for telling me.

I didn't know that......and yeah, in that case i am glad to live in Europe😁

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CosmicSynergy! We just wanted to follow up with you on the issues you were having. Were you able to speak with support by via email? We hope you have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?