cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 3 losing tracking and passthrough not working

AeMassi
Explorer

Hi everyone, i own a Quest 3 that worked fine for some months, until 10 days ago, when started losing evry few seconds the hands and controller tracking.

I also tried to do a factory reset, but didn' thelp. 

It looks like the external camera is no longer working, when i activate the passthroug mode i no longer see what's outside, my virtual hands become transparent, but the real room around me isn't shown at all.

I tried to open an RMS for a reparil but I got informed about the expiration of the free return service (after just 6 moinths?).

I kindly ask you if the behavior could in some way be related to a bugged FW/SW or if it's the case to return the device for repair and how to arrange the shipment, Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AeMassi! We want to do all we can to help you get your tracking and passthrough issues taken care of so you can get back to enjoying VR!

Please try the following:

1. Wipe the cameras on front of the headset with a dry microfiber cloth.
  2. Try unpairing and re-pairing your controllers with the instructions found here
  3. Make sure the tracking is turned on by default, the headset will use 6DoF tracking, unless it has been turned off in the Guardian settings panel or lost tracking while in VR.
  • Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu
  • Select Settings
  • Select System from the Settings panel
  • Select Headset Tracking from the left side panel
  • Make sure Headset Tracking is ticked

If things are still not working quite right for you, please send us a private message, and we'd be happy to help you explore other options. ​Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here

Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again, @AeMassi! We were seeing if you still needed some help with your Meta Quest 3. If so, please let us know! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, I'm having the same issue.  I purchased the Meta Quest3 in October but I've used it less than 10 times.  I followed the suggested steps offered by support and it's still not working.  Any other suggestions/options?

Hey there, @Niaxxx. Thank you for letting us know you're also experiencing similar issues, and for completing those steps! We definitely want to make sure you all are able to get things running smoothly, so we'd like to gather the following details:

• Has the headset been hard rebooted?
    • This can be completed by holding the power button down for 30 seconds. 
  • What software version is currently on your device?  
  • How does passthrough and tracking appear during gameplay? 
  • While a factory reset is a last resort, has one already been attempted? 

Once collected, we'll continue getting to the bottom of this! 

I already checked all the settings, it took about 1 hour due to the defect to get in the settings menu, everything is fine, except the fact that the passthrough and the hands/controller tracking is repeatedly lost, every few seconds.

Also the hard reset didn't help

yes, pls give a chech to my answer above

Thank you, I did the reset and it's now working.

Hey there! Thank you so much for all of the troubleshooting you have done, and for answering out questions. We know how important it is for our customers to get back in the game, and we would like for you to please send us a private message, to check out any options we can provide. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hey again! We see that you sent us a PM. Thank you for that, you should be hearing from us soon!