cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 3 not pairing correct

AshTheGunman
Honored Guest

Recently I had to hard restart my computer. And when I went back to reconnect my quest. It was able to connect to my computer, but when I launch the air link to actually connect I am met with a black screen.

I have tried restarting my headset. Reinstalling the app, reconnecting to the Wi-Fi And none of it is working. 

Please if anyone knows how to fix this I would greatly appreciate you.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @AshTheGunman! We would love to help you with connecting through Air link. We know how exciting it can be to connect your headset to the PC and enjoy your favorite games. Thank you so much for trying to correct the problems on your website and trying those troubleshooting steps. Has Air Link worked for you in the past? Besides restarting your PC, have there been any other changes, such as the following:

• Network Changes - Network name change, new password, new placement, new ethernet connected device, new device(s) joined, new router, new modem, new ISP, added extender
  • PC - New Hardware of Software, new placement, change to Wi-Fi/Ethernet
  • HMD - Dropped/Damaged, New Accessories, recent Factory Reset
  • Play Space - New play space, new items in play space, new appliances in home, new home

We look forward to hearing back from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Everything worked fine before the reset (besides a few lag issues) and nothing has changed after the reset either. It is able to link with the computer, so I can hear audio from tabs I have open. But the image won't load and I will just be met with a black screen with the 3 dots along with a notification saying "there is an issue connecting the headset". Clicking on the notification just sends me to a bunch of lists which really tells me nothing, so I'm at a loss of what is the issue 

Hey there, @AshTheGunman! Thank you for keeping us updated on this! We would like to look into this further for you, and would highly encourage for your to send us a PM to avoid personal information from being shared publicly! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We are looking forward to hearing back from you and working together towards a resolution! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, hey! We were just checking in on you to see how everything was going. We want to ensure you are getting the assistance you need, and to let you know we are still here if you need us! If you do still need assistance, please let us know by sending us a PM through the steps previously provided. We are looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?