cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 3 not working and only blowing wind

dzak90
Honored Guest

Hello guys.

Today I got a surprise from my Meta Quest 3. After I woke up I heard some noise. It turned out it is coming from headset. I cannot turn on the headset and the noise is coming maybe from fan(??) coz when I put my hand on headset I feel small wind coming from inside. I reported that to support and waiting for their answer. The noise is so annoying so just wanted to ask here does anybody had same issue and is there anything what I can to do it with now? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there! No apps or data will be deleted if you reboot. However, if you Factory Reset just make sure you check your cloud backup first! This will save any data on apps/games that have cloud backup

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud backup to turn cloud backup on or off.

We hope this helps and will wait patiently if anything changed! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

Hi @dzak90 

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold down the power and volume down buttons until the boot menu appears, then select reboot.

Jonny

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @dzak90! We'd love to know if you're still needing assistance. Did what @J40NYR say help at all? Let us know if you're still needing assistance. We're looking forward to your reply!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

If I reboot will it delete my apps and data?

Hey there! No apps or data will be deleted if you reboot. However, if you Factory Reset just make sure you check your cloud backup first! This will save any data on apps/games that have cloud backup

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud backup to turn cloud backup on or off.

We hope this helps and will wait patiently if anything changed! 

I just unboxed my headset. Did all the set up then the device started blowing air and would not turn on.  Trying to hard reset. That didn't work. No power means that I can't get to the screen to send it back to factory settings. I haven't had this expensive device for two hours and having issues.

Machewy
Honored Guest

I had this same issue. Though I was scared I did more research. If you haven't yet hold the power button and the volume down buttons at the same time you should be brought to a screen with 4 options use the volume up and down to navigate this screen. You are going to have to factory reset this but your games are cloud saved so you shouldn't lose any of your games just might lose progress in those games. 

Hey there, @moore.crazy.2023. A brand new device having these issues can really put a pin in the excitement that can come with a new gaming system, we would love to look into this, and make sure you can get everything setup and running properly.

If you have not, as others have suggested, please press and hold the power button for 30+ seconds to attempt a force boot. If the headset is still having some issues, please send us a private message from our Profile Page so that we can look into this further, and see what more we can do to resolve this issue.

Hey again @moore.crazy.2023, we just wanted to reach out again as we have not heard from you about this. If you are still having issues, please reach out to us directly from our Profile Page and we would love to investigate for you further. If everything is all good, we would love to know!

Kingmonke8768
Honored Guest

Yo I have the same problem I reported it and I’m waiting for a response but I have no clue how it happens.