Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest Link Error: Server Closed Connection

chesstar
Explorer

Server closed connection
Browser process crashed with exception: Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
Error: Cannot find module '../screen'
at Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:602:15)
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:528:25)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:658:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
at Object.get [as screen] (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\exports\electron.js:11:16)
at i (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:6:181920)
at Object.assign (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:6:29042)
at new t.default (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:6:29215)
at t.default.openSplashWindow (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\app.asar\output\app.js:14:34168)
Win11
CPU: i7-12700k
GPU: 3090

1 REPLY 1

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @chesstar! I noticed you were having errors pop up when trying to use the Meta Quest Link app. I appreciate you posting those logs, they definitely helped when trying to diagnose what might be happening!

Function.Module._resolveFilename (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)

Object.get [as screen] (C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-client\resources\electron.asar\browser\api\exports\electron.js:11:16)

This one looks like its giving an electron related error. Since its a framework that runs off Chromium, do you have Chrome installed at all on your PC? Everything should be pre-packaged when installing the Meta Quest Link app, but I'm wondering if something might've been missed somehow during the installation.

As far as I know, electron is the framework that handles the browser hosting of the Meta Quest Link app, which might explain the Browser process crashed with exception: Error: Cannot find module '../screen' error you're getting.

Something else to consider would be outdated or buggy NVIDIA drivers. I highly recommend updating to the latest version available for your 3090. If you're already on the latest available drivers, I'd then recommend trying to rollback to an older driver version to see if the error still pops up.

Does the error pop up immediately after opening the Meta Quest Link app, or is it after clicking a certain tab, opening a certain app, etc.?

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?