cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest Pro Controllers Finger Trigger Sensor Issue

Rainingdrip694
Honored Guest

Hi, i've had this issue for several months now where the Index Trigger Sensor on my Meta Quest Pro Controllers keeps showing that my finger is resting on the Trigger when in reality it is not. It has happened when the controllers got updated a while back. Every time I factory reset the controllers it works perfectly fine and the issue doesn't happen till they update. I've tried talking with Meta Support and all they wanna do is replace the controllers when I have already had both the Controllers and the Headset replaced for this issue and it did not fix it. At one point Meta Support had told me that it was a software issue and that they were gonna investigate the issue and keep me updated via email but did not and then when I had tried contacting them again recently they said it is not a software issue and the only fix is replacing them yet this has not fixed them at all every time I got them replaced. I have been going back and forth with Meta Support about this for 7-8 months now and have not gotten any kind of fix and I know for sure this is a software problem.

My Setup is Meta Quest 2 Headset with Meta Quest Pro Controllers

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Rainingdrip694, we noticed that you are having issues with your Meta Quest Touch Pro Controllers. Being able to play your games without any issues is what makes VR very fun. We understand how inconvenient having an issue with the trigger sensor is, and we would love to do all that we can to look into this matter for you!

Can you attempt the following and let us know how it went?

• Reboot your headset.
  • Remove the batteries from the controllers for 10-15 minutes.
  • Unpair and Re-pair the controllers.
  • Factory reset the controllers.
    1. Right Controller: Hold A and Oculus buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
      Left Controller: Hold X and Menu buttons until the LED begins flashing red/white.
    2. Release the buttons immediately after the LED begins blinking red/white.
    3. Perform a manual pairing and check if controller LED would flash blue and white to signal pairing state.
    4. Once paired, controllers may take a while to update and stay unresponsive until they finish, and LED would be purple during the update.

We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there again, @Rainingdrip694! We just wanted to check in with you and see if you still needed any help with the issues you were having with the Quest Pro controller. If you still need any assistance, please feel free to reach back out to us at any time! Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The Meta Quest Pro Controllers Index Triggers still have the same issue. None of the attempts worked.

Hi @Rainingdrip694. We hate to hear that you're still having controller issues. We see that you've already attempted some troubleshooting steps, to include factory resetting your controllers. We want to exhaust all troubleshooting steps before cascading this issue. Please give these steps a try, then reach back out to us to let us know if they were able to resolve the issue. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Hey again @Rainingdrip694 we're just doubling back to see if you were able to resolve your issue. If you need more assistance please don't hesitate to @ us! Have a great day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?