cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest Pro controller jumping around constantly

plazman.888
Explorer

My right Quest Pro controller jumps around like crazy, totally randomly and on it's own. The room is well-lit and the charge is over 50%. It's driving me crazy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @Landonthemoonn. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good day, Plazman.888 We saw that you were having a problem with your right Meta Pro controller jumping around, which makes us extremely unhappy. We know how this can affect your VR experience, so let us help you get back into the game.

1. How long has this been a problem and has your controllers been dropped?
  2. Have you tried letting the controller run out of power and charging it again to see if that fixes the issue?

Cleaning the controllers with a dry towel is one solution that can be helpful.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good day, Plazman.888 We are reaching out with you again to check whether you still require assistance with your Pro controllers leaping, please don't hesitate to do so.

How long has this been a problem and has your controllers been dropped?

It's been a problem for a while now. I don't use it often, but at least a week.

No, I've never (violently) dropped it. Just normal use.

Have you tried letting the controller run out of power and charging it again to see if that fixes the issue?

No, but I'm doing that now. Not sure of the best way to drain the battery though. Pretty sure the go to sleep when not active. I haven't charged them in a couple days though.

Cleaning the controllers with a dry towel is one solution that can be helpful.

I'm sure it can be, but it wasn't. That was the first thing I tried.

Thanks for the update! We do have a couple of other questions we'd like to ask for us to get a bit more informed on the situation:

1. Are you experiencing this while the controllers are paired to a Quest 2 or a Quest Pro?
  2. Are there any lights blinking/flashing in a particular pattern?
  3. What all have you tried already? (To not have you repeat anything)

If you haven't done so already, could you please attempt the below as well:

1. Unpair your controllers:
    • Open the Oculus app on the phone.
    • Tap Menu in the lower right corner
    • Tap Devices
    • Tap the headset that is currently paired.
    • Tap Controller, then tap the desired controller to unpair.
    • Tap Unpair Controller.
  2. Re-pair your controllers:
    • Open the Oculus app
    • Tap Menu in the lower right corner
    • Tap Devices
    • If necessary, select the headset
    • Tap Controllers
    • Tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.
  3. Alternatively, you can enter pairing mode on each controller by pressing and hold the Oculus+B (right) or Menu+Y buttons (left) for 3 seconds. You'll feel a light vibration from the front trigger when the controller transitions into pairing mode. After they are paired once, the controllers will automatically connect to the headset each time it is turned on and nearby.

We'll be patiently awaiting your update! 

Hello? Just checking in to see if the steps provided helped? We want to make sure we can get you back on track!

Landonthemoonn
Honored Guest

I've been having this same issue for weeks now and its VERY frustrating. Im an avid user and pretty much attempt to use my headset every day BUT 80% of the time the remote's orientation is totally wrong or it won't be seen at all. If I press and hold the Oculus button, the logo will pop up on the screen and it'll react to it but it won't track where the remotes are or accept any clicks. When attempting to sign into my headset after settings it down for 15 mins I can't even put in the code using the dots bc the remotes go in the opposite direction.

I've paired and repaired the remotes and that only SOMETIMES works.  I've reset my head set 3x now since purchasing it back in Nov and I REALLY don't want to restore to that drama every time something isn't working. 

please help! 

Hey there, @Landonthemoonn. We can definitely understand how concerning controller tracking and general performance issues can be, and we'd be glad to help out! Please reach out to us through a PM and we'll gladly do everything we can to get this resolved for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

Hey there, @Landonthemoonn. We just wanted to check in since we haven't heard back from you yet. If you'd still like help with this just let us know, we'd be glad to help out!