cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Workrooms Headless Avatar

innovaterisk
Honored Guest

Today whilst testing Workrooms for a future client meeting, the avatar in the room was headless. 

A restart of the Meta Quest Pro did not fix the issue.  This continued for the entire meeting, whether we exited and re-entered, moved to whiteboard, moved seats, changed desk arrangement, etc. 

Any thoughts on the issue?

69448122376__C3CA2C39-8D4B-48E6-8FD0-0138189A0DF3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you.  The wi-fi is around 2 metres from the device and tested at around 90MBPS.

Actually, I found the problem. When my avatar was created it does not appear to have rendered properly - perhaps it was me in the creation process. 

I went back into the avatar creator and updated the face shape, features, and clothes. 

It is now working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @innovaterisk! We just wanted to hop on by, as we see you are having issues with your Horizon Workrooms. We know how this can be a hindrance to being able to properly function in your meetings. Thank you for providing us with the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

One thing that you need to be wary of when going through Horizon is your Wi-Fi network. Note that if you don't have a clear connection, you might see issues like this. Also, please make sure that anything that is running in the background is closed or is not continually using the connection, as this might cause issues as well.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you.  The wi-fi is around 2 metres from the device and tested at around 90MBPS.

Actually, I found the problem. When my avatar was created it does not appear to have rendered properly - perhaps it was me in the creation process. 

I went back into the avatar creator and updated the face shape, features, and clothes. 

It is now working.

We're happy to hear everything is working how it should be, and that everyone's body has a head! Thanks for letting us know what fixed it for you. Hopefully that will help others in the future if they have the same issue!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

olaysia
Expert Protege

Finally! Someone else with this issue! I believe there is a bug in Meta's avatar system. I've posted with details of how I've managed to reproduce this issue here using the Meta Avatars SDK:

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/Unity-VR-Development/Loading-Meta-Avatars-With-Cross-Play-usin...

Hopefully Meta will see this and do something about this.