cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Workrooms & Meta Quest Remote Desktop

Code4real
Honored Guest

I can be using Workrooms on my Quest Pro while connected via Meta Quest Remote Desktop for hours and everything is fine. However, there is an issue where the mouse cursor will disappear, or the mouse curser will get stuck in a previous state. If I disconnect from Workrooms and try and reconnect via Workrooms I am unable to find the PC. If I restart the Meta Quest Remote Desktop application on my PC, it takes me through almost an infinite loop of signing in and signing out of my meta quest account. Even if it says I am signed in and identifies that the Quest Pro is "Ready", the only way for me to resolve the issue is to restart my computer. This has been an issue that is a recurring problem almost every single time I use the device. So far the Quest Pro has been more hassle then it has been worth.

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Code4real! We see that you are having issues with Horizon Workrooms. We understand the importance of getting this looked into as soon as possible and would like to make sure we get you pointed in the right direction. When it comes to connection issues via PC, sometimes doing a total reset on the Meta desktop app can fix a lot of these problems. Just follow the steps listed below to do a total uninstall of the app:

1. Disconnect the Rift/Link cable from the computer.

2. Disconnect your computer from the internet.

3. Backup any necessary content.

• You can find steps on how to do so here: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-rift-s/rift-backup-content/
4. Reboot into Safe Mode.

5. Uninstall Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.

6. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:

• C:\Program Files
7. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:

• C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
   • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
   • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
   • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
   • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
8. Restart your computer in normal mode.

9. Reconnect your computer to the internet.

10. Install Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website here: https://www.meta.com/quest/setup/

11. Reconnect the Rift/Link cable and re-test the headset.

If after doing this you are still experiencing issues, you can send a bug report by doing the following:

•   Sign into your Workrooms in the web browser 
  •   Click on your Profile on the bottom left 
  •   Select Help & Support 
  •   Select Give Feedback 
  •   Report a Problem.

You can also go here and create a support ticket. After you have created a ticket you will be connected with one of our agents who will be able to assist you further.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Stugabaranda
Adventurer
Yesterday I got Meta Quest Remote Desktop Server update 1.13.0.15.550 to install on PC and all the lags are gone. The mouse runs smooth, no lag, and finally it's possible to add the two additional virtual desktops to the sides of the main one.
 I didn't need to do any of the steps suggested by support as in the previous message. It was the server that was obviously malfunctioning and now they have finally released one that works as it should.

What is reported is based on a PC with Windows 11 connected with a cat 6 ethernet cable to the PC and in wifi in 5ghz, 80 band, only to my Questo 2 currently on official v53.

Meta Quest 2 256GB, GC Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, Intel 12th Gen Intel i5-12400F, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 home 22H2. Connected with dedicated router via ethernet cat 6 with pc and to Quest 2 on wifi 5 ch 36

Thank you for letting the community know what helped you! 

We are all mad here.

Got an issue with remote display (beta) or Workroom.

I can connect to PC but I can`t use the BT keyboard or mouse attached to the Quest Pro, keyboard and mouse works fine in for example Virtual Desktop and the main navigation screen!

Any one experienced the loss of keyboard and mouse control with the Remote Display (Beta) and Workroom on the Quest Pro?

JohSm

Hi, I'm sorry I can't give you feedback in relation to your problem because I don't use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard connected to my quest 2 and I was able to verify that it only works with peripherals connected via USB to the PC. but I have a doubt or I don't quite understand your problem. since with workroom you have to control the pc and not the Quest, shouldn't your mouse and keyboard be paired to the pc?

Meta Quest 2 256GB, GC Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060, Intel 12th Gen Intel i5-12400F, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 home 22H2. Connected with dedicated router via ethernet cat 6 with pc and to Quest 2 on wifi 5 ch 36

Well I was simply expecting it work on remote pc’s located in another room, like using RDP with no need to use locally attached mouses and keyboards to PC’s..

JohSm