cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta account BS

Rebeccabanc
Honored Guest

We are trying to use our oculus -excuse me, meta quest 2 and it won't let us log in. We have to create a meta account but there are dead ends everywhere. It keeps says we are logging in using a different email than we originally used but we arent. This is the same email we've been using. 

Then I go to devices under our profile on the phone and get "page could not be loaded" errors. 

Then we go to support on meta website and it just takes you to the store. 

It all leads back to one "solution" which is factory reset. ..which I suppose is what they want everyone to do because then you have to re-purchase all the games. 

I'm not doing that.

1 REPLY 1

kojack
MVP
MVP

@Rebeccabanc wrote:

It all leads back to one "solution" which is factory reset. ..which I suppose is what they want everyone to do because then you have to re-purchase all the games. 

I'm not doing that.

A factory reset has no effect on your account. You do not have to repurchase any games.

Once reset and you log back in, your entire library is still there, you just have to reinstall them again.

(I've factory reset my headsets MANY times, it used to be the only method of logging in with a different account)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2