cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta account issue

Texas-Mark
Honored Guest

First let me say I have a correct Meta account that is linked with my Quest 2 and that all works fine. So the following is not critical, but very annoying. 

When the Oculus software first first prompted (nagged) me to create a meta account and merge with facebook, etc, it was all pretty confusing. Somewhere in that process, I did a typo on my email and did not notice it.

So now, when I log into my Facebook account and go to the Meta account center, there are two "linked ??" accounts. one is Facebook and one is Horizon. No matter what i try to make a change on either of them, it always wants to send me a code to the incorrect email address. Of course I do not have access to that email account. I even tried creating a new gmail account with that other email address and it says it is already in use. So there is no way for me to modify or delete either the Facebook or Horizon Meta account that is showing up in my Meta Account Center.

I have been on contact with what I think is Meta support, and every time I think I have someone who understands the issue, a different person replies the next time offering solutions that do not work or are not related to the problem.

What I also really don't understand is how it let me proceed with that incorrect email address in the first place. It should have required a code to continue before merging/linking with my Facebook Meta Account Center. 

Anyone have any ideas? I'm half tempted to just delete my whole facebook account since the only reason I had it was because the Quest 2 required it when I first got it.  Oh, and contacting facebook is a joke. I changed my phone number a few months ago and still can not get it verified (it never sends a text code). I have submitted probably 50 "something went wrong" reports from the Facebook help link and never got a reply or a solution. 

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @Texas-Mark. We're sad to hear you're still having to deal with this issue. Everybody makes mistakes and we want you to know that we got you covered!

Since you linked your Facebook account to your Oculus account, you'll need to create your Meta account using that Facebook account in order to ensure your games and purchases transfer over. We suggest deleting the most recent Meta account you made and create a new one with your Facebook. Please use this link for assistance with that.

Let us know if this works for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Texas-Mark
Honored Guest

"We suggest deleting the most recent Meta account you made and create a new one with your Facebook. Please use this link for assistance with that."

See, this is what I meant by not understanding the issue and offering suggestions that won't work.

The issue is  that I can not delete that account because it has the wrong email address and wants to send me a code to do anything with it. It sends that code to the wrong email address.  Hence I can not delete it.  And since this bogus account is already linked to facebook, I can not link another one. 

Nobody has answered me as to how it let me link it int he first place without a code. If it would have required a code to begin with, I would have noticed the typo and fixed it then. 

Thanks for your update on that. We do understand your issue here. 

In order to look further into this, can you please PM us as we'll need some private information to look into your account. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or simply click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

We look forward to it!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?