cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta account

KingQuimazabi
Level 3

I'm confused. I thought the Meta account was going to be part of the V43 update. Is that not the case? I see no way of creating such account or converting my current account. Did I miss something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, we understand you have questions about Meta accounts, but don't worry, we've got you back. Yes, the device must be on version 43 in order to access the Meta account. However, Meta accounts will not be announced until late August 2022. So, for the time being, you'll still need a Facebook account link to use the Meta device. More information on Meta accounts can be found here

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, we understand you have questions about Meta accounts, but don't worry, we've got you back. Yes, the device must be on version 43 in order to access the Meta account. However, Meta accounts will not be announced until late August 2022. So, for the time being, you'll still need a Facebook account link to use the Meta device. More information on Meta accounts can be found here

Got it thanks. The wording regarding the meta account isn't very clear. 

To be fair, it is late August...

ClickB00M
Level 4

I think you did miss something, Patience.  V43 lays the ground work for the roll-out which will happen over time.  One day you will open your Oculus app and be greeted with the option to update your account.  Just like me yesterday.  You just have to wait.

Screenshot_20220824-115659_Oculus.png

And your still not happy?

Well done.  And look, I have the update.  Well, well.  Look at that.  Patience really does pay off.

The information provided by Meta was NOT clear as to when the accounts would be available. I was provided and accepted the response from Support days. What are you on about? Get off your high horse there. 

You posted because you wanted to know what was going on.  I explained and now your claiming I have a horse?  Weirdo.