cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta cancelled my son’s birthday present

RebJW
Honored Guest

Already I’m fuming mad because I don’t know how this main website could possibly mess up something as simple as an order. I ordered my son the oculus quest 3 bundle with the free game plus the elite head strap and an extra game. Used my PayPal account, everything went smoothly but no I was wrong because within a few hours it was already cancelled. What was the reason? No reason. Chatting with an online agent who was absolutely no help and was trying to make it up to me with a free gift! How about my purchase?! Screw the free gift! Besides what’s the free gift? I need to have a meta device for any free meta gift so that’s pointless. The kicker, I need to purchase the oculus quest from an authorized retailer, what!? Meta’s main website that has all the games, devices and other bells and whistles for sale but it is not an authorized retail site? Please make it make sense. 

So now I have a purchase pending in my bank account and I had to use Amazon to buy his gift. The meta customer service rep said I should have my money back in my account within 5 days! I want to scream!

Should have bought something from another reputable game company. This is so shady, I’m going to be really mad if the pending charge goes through despite the cancellation. Meta better not get one cent from that order that THEY cancelled for no good reason! 
I’m so angry. 

1 REPLY 1

WootM4ge
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there, @RebJW. I know an unpleasant support experience can certainly be disheartening, which is not something we want for new users apart of the community. I'd like to make sure that your son's Birthday goes well by making this right to the best of my ability! I would like to extend an offer to you and your son, so I have sent you a Private Message with details. Private Messages can be found by clicking on the envelope icon next your to your profile picture. Please feel free to reach out to me via the Private Message at your earliest convenience!

"They say that the best blaze burns the brightest when circumstances are at their worst."
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?