cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta quest 2 elite strap battery won't charge

sonoda944
Honored Guest

My external battery on elite strap suddenly stop being charged

Also headset won't even recognize the battery when connected by wall plug, but it recognize it for few second whenever i disconnect the usbc cable from battery

2 REPLIES 2

J40NYR
MVP
MVP

Hi @sonoda944 

Sounds as if the connection to the battery has broken. Make sure the USB connection (cable and port) are clear of any debris. If you have access to another headset try it on that too.

I believe (but will stand corrected) that the Elite headstrap did receive extended warranty due to the breakage issues with the strap material itself, so it would be well worth contacting meta to see if they can resolve this for you by heading here https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

Hope this helps 🙂

Quest 2, Quest 3, PCVR, Meta Wayfarer

@J40NYR wrote:

Hi @sonoda944 

Sounds as if the connection to the battery has broken. Make sure the USB connection (cable and port) are clear of any debris. If you have access to another headset try it on that too.

I believe (but will stand corrected) that the Elite headstrap did receive extended warranty due to the breakage issues with the strap material itself, so it would be well worth contacting meta to see if they can resolve this for you by heading here https://www.meta.com/en-gb/help/support/

Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you for the reply!

I already tried several cables and bricks and they can charge the headset itself, but not the elite battery, i guess the charging port on battery is messed up

I already contacted the support team and they were great

sadly they told me that i can't get any support for my broken battery since i bought it used from second hand store, and already ineligible for warranty.

there's nothing I can do about it😢

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?