cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta quest 3 owner change

Smalz19
Honored Guest

Bought a Quest 3 for the family, wanted to set up a family account that all could use. My 17 year old ignored that and set up the device with his own Facebook account and now appears as “the owner”. From what I can see the only way to change this is a factory reset. The device came with the free download of Asgards Wrath 2 and six months trial of Quest+, he hasn’t activated any of these yet, but if I reset will they still be attached to his account or the device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Smalz19
Honored Guest

In response to my own question. In case anyone is in the same situation, I did a factory reset on the headset and was able to create a family account and claim both the game and Quest+ on that account. This may be due to the fact I they hadn’t been redeemed on my son’s account. This is contrary to the Community Managers advice. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Smalz19 ,

We're excited to hear you and your family are venturing into the world of VR! Want to ensure your family has access to all your titles, since the initial activation of the headset was associated with your son's account the title Asgard's Wrath 2 will be only associated with his account.

However, one alternative you can do to ensure everyone in your family has access to the title in question is the "app sharing" feature. This will allow any secondary accounts on the headset to access any games or apps available on your son's account. For more information on how to enable this feature, please feel free to see this article "here".

We hope this alternative helps ensure everyone in your family enjoys the full experience of VR! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Smalz19
Honored Guest

In response to my own question. In case anyone is in the same situation, I did a factory reset on the headset and was able to create a family account and claim both the game and Quest+ on that account. This may be due to the fact I they hadn’t been redeemed on my son’s account. This is contrary to the Community Managers advice. 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?