cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta quest 3 totally broken -- UPDATE - Found answer on YouTube - it is below

Lanahorton1003
Explorer

I turned it on today and it wanted me to establish my boundary several times. I did that, and then it locked up.

I restarted it, again established my boundary, and then it just quit.

All I get now is a screen with the following message and buttons:

Power Off (header)

96% power left. Keep your head set charged before you get back into VR.

Update before power off.

Then three "buttons". They are:   Cancel          Power Off          Restart    -- Power Off is blue

There is a blue button to the right with a check mark in a white circle.

Absolutely nothing happens. I have no controllers (new batteries). I have no way of getting out of this.

I have turned it off, turned it on, put it on the charger, replaced controller batteries, pushed every combination of button I could, and all I get is that screen.

If this is a faulty VR headset, I need to send it back.

YOUTUBE FIX - Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. The headset will make noises that you should ignore. Then wait a few minutes while it makes more noises. Then I was good to go and it worked perfectly.

I'll add that working up to this complete shut down was some strange stuff, like the game wouldn't start unless I turned off and on again, then it would pop right up. Asking over and over for my boundary. Not being able to get one of my hands out of my face. Things like that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good idea. The steps have been added it to the original post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DannyIrlanda
Protege

Why don't you post the answer you found on youtube in case other people have this issue?

Good idea. The steps have been added it to the original post.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?