cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta quest link app (PC) different game version

ShinchanNL
Honored Guest

Hello,

I play a variety of games in my quest 3 and sometimes I want to play via my pc so I can use the mirror app via link cable (bad wifi) 

How come the games i own and bought via the headset don't show up as "owned" in the quest app on pc ? 

For example: I play a lot real VR fishing with friends but the game doesnt show up as owned in the pc app. Same goes for Golf+ 

I already reinstalled the pc app and multiple log out , log in attempts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

There's basically two different stores that carry different (and incompatible) versions of games: Quest store and Rift (PCVR) store.

Quest store games run natively on the Quest. They are android games made for ARM cpus like the Quest has (effectively mobile phone hardware and operating system).

Rift store games run using PC, either with a Rift directly or with a Quest when you use Link to connect to the PC. They are Windows games for Intel/AMD cpus.

Due to the large difference in performance, developers can require a lot of effort to make two versions of a game (may need different assets for each version, optimisations, etc).

A developer can choose to make their game Cross Buy. This means buying one version gives you the other for free. It won't be automatic though. If you buy the Quest version you need to go to the Rift/PCVR store and find the game. It should be listed now as Free or Get. Do that and you'll have both versions.

If a developer chooses to not do cross buy, that means the Quest and Rift versions of the game are treated as separate products and you have to pay twice to own both versions.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kojack
MVP
MVP

There's basically two different stores that carry different (and incompatible) versions of games: Quest store and Rift (PCVR) store.

Quest store games run natively on the Quest. They are android games made for ARM cpus like the Quest has (effectively mobile phone hardware and operating system).

Rift store games run using PC, either with a Rift directly or with a Quest when you use Link to connect to the PC. They are Windows games for Intel/AMD cpus.

Due to the large difference in performance, developers can require a lot of effort to make two versions of a game (may need different assets for each version, optimisations, etc).

A developer can choose to make their game Cross Buy. This means buying one version gives you the other for free. It won't be automatic though. If you buy the Quest version you need to go to the Rift/PCVR store and find the game. It should be listed now as Free or Get. Do that and you'll have both versions.

If a developer chooses to not do cross buy, that means the Quest and Rift versions of the game are treated as separate products and you have to pay twice to own both versions.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I just entered the VR gaming world so I'm all new to this. I thought all my bought games would show up on all platforms/apps 

Thanks !

Hey hey @ShinchanNL, and welcome to the awesome world of VR! I'm so happy you found our forums too! 

In regards to the topic at hand, huge shout out to @kojack who absolutely nailed explaining the difference in games available for only specific platforms and Cross Buy games. I just wanted to jump in and add a link for a list of a whole list of apps available for Cross Buy, in case you were looking to get some more bang for your buck!

Also, I'd for sure recommend checking out the VR Experiences section of the forums, both for finding some new games and even sharing about some of your faves you find!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?