cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta wont let me change my son's birthdate

Boss_Thross
Honored Guest

When I first tried changing my birthdate it would just say to get customer support. Now when I try to change the birthdate I enter my password and it says its incorrect. (I verified that this was correct because I logged out and logged back into my account.) Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

purrrito
Explorer

Based on my experience with Meta support it's probably easier to get a backdated birth certificate to match his Meta profile.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Boss_Thross We understand how important it is to have the correct information on your account. We'd love to look further into this with you. Since we have to collect personal information, we'd like for you to send us a PM. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again @Boss_Thross! We're following up to see if you were able to get that PM sent. If you need further assistance don't hesitate to reach back out to us! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello, I am having a similar issue as Boss_Thross reported insofar as I cannot update my son's birthdate even though he has a supervised account that I am linked to.  I submitted a support request several weeks ago, but the CS rep who I've been working with just keeps telling me that "the engineers are working on it as hard as they can."

I work in software development and it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes for a CS rep to log in and make the correction.  The idea that multiple engineers employed by one of the largest tech companies on the planet have been working as hard as they can for weeks on updating my son's birthdate makes no sense to me.

Finally I asked the CS rep if there was a way to escalate me to a supervisor or someone who could better assist me with my problem and so they directed me to these forums.

Can a Community Manager please help me?  Thank you

Hi there, @neversimon! We absolutely understand wanting to make sure your son's account information is reflected accurately, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention! Feel free to shoot us a PM, and we'll look into that support ticket and your account here on our side. Simply select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to connecting and getting to the bottom of this together! 

tupac21354
Honored Guest

I have the same exact issue. I opened a ticket 5 months ago and keep getting the run around with updating my child’s account dob. I updated it once through the ui however messed up and it won’t let me change it any more. I’ve been going back and forth with support and keep getting told that they are either working on other priorities, they are aware of the issue or that the feature isn’t supported. The last support person told me to create a feature request … really!?!? To change a dob!!!! Unreal how crazy this is!

Yeah, it's terrible.  This is the most recent response I've gotten from support...

I'm contacting you on behalf of my colleague to ensure your concerns are addressed in a timely manner. 
I understand that you are requesting an escalating of your query as you have accidentally entered the wrong date of birth too many times and have exceed the limit of allowed changes. 
I do however realize that the error message have informed you to visit our support system for a change of your son's date of birth. However upon reviewing your case it appears that we are also unable to manually change your details on our end. 

I don't fault the CS people I'm dealing with.  They are limited by the tools at their disposal, but it is absolutely insane that one of the largest tech companies on the planet does not provide tools to its support people to make simple account changes like this especially when their UI and system is clearly so poorly designed to not allow users to make the changes themselves.  It just plain sucks.  I'm at the point where I'm just going to create a new account for my son because of Meta Engineering's inability to provide CS with the tools to help.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?