cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta workrooms and data security

Suppenkoch
Protege

Hi there,

I got a question regarding the usage of Meta Quest Remote Desktop + Meta workrooms.

If I use a private device and connect it to my official business laptop, how Meta handles and guarantess the data security of my business related work stuff or better those of the company I work for ?

Is there any official statement or information available at the present time to this topic?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

hey there @Suppenkoch! At Meta we take privacy very seriously and always make sure that it is our primary focus when providing our customers with the services they expect. If you would like more information regarding our Privacy Policy you can head over here and check it out. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@MetaQuestSupportHi there. I've read this, but it did not answer my question. Could you please specifiy ?

It would be very helpful, as I am working for a big company and I wish to introduce your technology to my co-workers. But for this to happen, that the company will allow access to Meta Quest Remote Desktop, the company needs to be sure, that there is no threat to their data security using a private device with a business laptop.

So how Meta makes sure, that their ecosystem makes it impossible that any kind of data on my business laptop (or any of my co-workers, if connected, too) can be accessed or modified by Meta or any third-party-software running on the Meta Quest, while being in Workrooms connected to Meta Quest Remote Desktop ?

It is important that the Quest works connected to Meta Quest Remote Desktop only in a mode, where it suits as an input-output only device. Thanks for your time.

Chundvar
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello @Suppenkoch. Unfortunately this isn't information that support can readily provide. Meta does take privacy very seriously. To my knowledge Meta does not store the sort of data you are mentioning. There are many large companies that use Horizon Workrooms and other Meta products every day, and Workrooms is continuing to grow. I wish there was more information we could provide for you. Thanks!

Feel free to reach out with simple questions! For any troubleshooting please make a post or reach out to our wonderful email, chat, and callback support team here: https://metaque.st/Support