cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta workrooms connects to the desktop and freeze

shimsoochang
Honored Guest

I have a Quest 2, Im trying to use the meta workrooms to connect to my desktop, but after connection I can se my desktop frozen and after some seconds I get disconnected. I also find behavion on the desktop client, It auto close and restart after the connection.

I Have a Ryzen 5 3600 and Amd Radeon Rx66000 XT

-Uninstall Workrooms on quest

-Uninstall the desktop client

-Update quest

-Restart quest

I have no Idea how to fix this.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @shimsoochang . We're hoping that you we're able to get back into workrooms. 

Here's a list of a couple of things you can try in case the app keeps crashing: 

1. updating all USB drivers - GPU drivers
  2. Factory reset the device
  3. restarting oculus software by uninstalling the app and reinstalling.

You can also uninstall all of the files related to the Meta programs and reinstall for a fresh set up by:

1: Uninstalling the Rift using the setup/installer.

2: in your local disk, program files/program files x## delete the "oculus" folder.

3: go to in File Explorer, then users>your name>%appdata%.

4: in all 3 folders "Roaming", "Local" and "Local Low", delete all "Oculus" folders and also "Oculusclient" folders if present.

5: restart PC.

6: get a fresh new oculus setup installer from the oculus website and run it and install.

If these steps don't work let us know and we will be happy to help. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have this same problem. I do all this and still with this issue.

Hey, @Noko01! We see you've tried those steps to no avail. We know how bothersome these types of issues can be. We suggest creating a support ticket here. Our awesome support team has the tools to do a deep dive to find the root of the issue. If you need assistance creating a ticket, please let us know. We'll be more than happy to help out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!