cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta2 wont connect even after Factory Reset

B4G3LZ
Honored Guest

I have gotten a Meta Quest 2, and it wont connect to my phone, doesnt give me an error just sits there and loads forever. Factory Reset it and it still gives me the same same code, and loads endlessly. I tried doing Meta business just to see if i could bypass it but it doesnt even acknowledge business stuff, and says thats it unavailable. It doesnt give me an option to connect it to my own wifi or even give me settings it just gives me the screen with the code that is all when i turn it on.

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @B4G3LZ. We know how frustration this can be when your trying to hop into the VR world without issues. Well at least that's the experience we want you to have. No worries friend we're equipped and ready to help with this issue. First we want to thank you for your patience and we appreciate you for trying that factory reset. With this issue we fwant to ensure the following are correct:

1. Ensure your phone and headset are on the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Check your phone’s app store and make sure the Meta Quest app is up to date

Also, we'd like for you to try clearing your Bluetooth cache on your mobile device by following these steps before trying to connect again.

On an Android device

1. Open Settings and go to Apps.
  2. Go to Bluetooth
  3. Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.

On an iOS device

1. Open Settings and select Bluetooth.
  2. Forget every Bluetooth device in the My Devices list using the "i" icon.
  3. Restart your iOS device to clear the cache. After restarting, you will be required to re-pair with Bluetooth devices again.

Let us know if this helps, we're always here to help. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ive already done this, and it doesnt seem to work. Its the bluetooth on the headset, was even told by other people this is a common thing called the black screen of death even though the meta quest 2 is on and showing the screen it will not connect no matter what.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey @B4G3LZ. This is not the experience we want you having with your headset. We'd love to take a deeper dive into this issue for. First we'd like to for you to try the following:

1. Uninstall and Reinstall the mobile app.
  2. preform a soft reset on your headset, as seen here.
  3. Next, try to connect the headset to the mobile app.

If you are still unable to connect to you mobile app after these steps, Please send us a PM by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hiya @B4G3LZ, we just wanted to check in with you about your headset not connecting. Send us a PM if you still need assistance. If you're unsure how, you can follow the steps in our reply above. We'd love to help you get back on your VR adventure!