cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MetaQuest pro headset not charging on Base

ddemarcore
Honored Guest

This is the second replacement that has been sent ...My headset will not chime/show a charge status light while on the charging base/dock. It does charge if I use the charge cord ONLY and not the base. Controlles do charge when on the base.

I have reported it to support multiple times and have yet to get a response.

Anyone else have this issue with their headset not charging on the base?

9 REPLIES 9

Japanish90
Explorer

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue. I've made sure the contacts are cleaned. I've wiped them down with an alcohol swab and it still won't charge on the base.

LuigiChoolis
Explorer

I'm having the exact same issue. Suddenly the headset stopped charging when on the base, but the controllers still charge just fine from the same base

Hey everyone. Having your Meta Quest Pro headset not charge can be the worst. We appreciate you both making sure to clean the headset and the charging base. We would like the both of you to try factory resetting your headset. We would like to note that doing this will cause all of your game data, pictures and etc. to be deleted from the headset. Not to worry though because you do keep your purchased apps and games. 

If doing that doesn't help you, we implore you to reach out to our support team. They will have all the resources needed to look into this further and see what other options we have for you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

bleurain
Honored Guest

I am having the same issue—my Meta Quest Pro headset won’t charge on the base just out of the blue. The controllers will charge, so the dock is working.

madness807
Honored Guest

i have the same issue but if i make pressure on the heatset it charge but if i release it, stop charging....
i think its a mechanical probleme if i dont make pressure, the charing pin touch dont touch the head set charging point ....
its a very big probleme because the price of the dockin is high and its simply doesn t work 

I think I found out the issue. The rear pad on the Quest Pro was upside down. The Quest Pro is *very* particular on how it sits on the charging dock. You could do 1 of 2 things imo (and not Meta certified, just something I did):
1) Flip the rear pad on the Quest Pro.
2) Place something underneath the rear pad in order to elevate it enough to engage the charging pins.

Let me know if that helps!

I forget to say i have the problème with quest 3 and the solution elevate de quest for correct charging is not acceptable à this prise 

@madness807 I'm in *no* way disagreeing with you. I didn't spend over $1k in order to put a piece of cardboard under my headset in order to make my headset charge on the base *they* provided. Infuriating!

alfonso.pinan
Honored Guest

Exactly what I was thinking

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?