cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic glitches while in party

Gajoes
Honored Guest

Hello there, 

I wanted to ask if someone experiences (or does not experience it anymore) the same issue as I do. Whenever I hop in a party with 1-3 friends, in the beginning, it always seems to be working just fine, however once every 2-5 minutes my party crashes unexpectedly and I just cannot hear anyone else in the party anymore for like 15 seconds and then suddenly it reconnects to the party automatically and I hear them again and get the notification that says: “Your microphone is on. People in your party can hear you” or something like that. Then I ask if they heard what I had just said and they’re always like: “no we couldn’t hear you what were you talking about?”. It’s very annoying to have this happen so often and to keep having to repeat myself as my friends cant hear what I’m saying. Today it happened again and I asked the friend I was in a party with if this issue only happens with me or if he experiences it with other people as well. He said that only my mic goes off sometimes and that he doesn’t have the same issue with his own headset. I’d like to ask if anyone knows what I can possibly do to stop this problem from occurring. Restarting my Quest doesn’t work. Also it happens in any application as well as in the home menu. My internet is fine so that could unlikely be the cause. If anyone has a tip I’d appreciate it very much :)). 

okay you’re done reading now that’s it bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey, thank you for pointing this out to us! Mic issues are the last thing you want to be worried about when attending a party. This can definitely be tedious and we like to help out!

We have a few questions to ask: 

• Are you using your own headphones? 
  • Does this issue occur only during a party?
  • How long has this issue occurred?

Steps to try: 

• Reboot headset. 
  • Factory reset headset. 
  • Ensure all parties have a good internet connection. 

You can use these steps to enable cloud back-up before you factory reset your headset. If you need the steps to factory reset, use this article. Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Reenz_11
Explorer

I have had the same issue as well as not being able to follow party leader. The party joiners, just end up at the leaders house, but no option to join or follow into game. The leader will get there first, then they have to re invite us into the game. Please advise.

Hey, thank you for pointing this out to us! Mic issues are the last thing you want to be worried about when attending a party. This can definitely be tedious and we like to help out!

We have a few questions to ask: 

• Are you using your own headphones? 
  • Does this issue occur only during a party?
  • How long has this issue occurred?

Steps to try: 

• Reboot headset. 
  • Factory reset headset. 
  • Ensure all parties have a good internet connection. 

You can use these steps to enable cloud back-up before you factory reset your headset. If you need the steps to factory reset, use this article. Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey, we just wanted to check if those steps fixed your issue. Did you still need help?