cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone not working in Horizon Worlds

SidleyKiss
Level 2

I've checked the settings in my Quest 2 and in Horizon.

My mic does work in Wander.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh-uh! This is not the experience we want you to have. No worries, let's work together to get you back to enjoying your wonderful VR device!  Have you tried any troubleshooting techniques yet?

If not, please go ahead and try a reboot on the headset the steps are:

• With your headset on please go ahead and press on the power button(right side of headset) until you see the Power off Screen
  • Select Restart and your headset will turn off and turn back on

Your headset will reboot once this is finished. Please check to see if the problem persists after turning it back on. If this did not help make sure you reach out! We're here to get you back to your VR world!

SidleyKiss
Level 2

I restarted a few times and did Power Off. 

Did not fix the problem.

Are there other apps you can recommend that I can try my microphone in to make sure its not Horizon Worlds?

I am able speak an address in Wander.

Thanks again. 

Hi @SidleyKiss! Thanks for getting back to us! We're glad the microphone works well in Wander. Our next step for you would be to uninstall and reinstall Horizon Worlds. Please let us know how that works out for you. Thanks!

Hey there! Did reinstalling the app work for you? If you need more help from us, please let us know. Thanks!

Actually - I noticed that in App Permissions (in Settings) that Horizon Worlds was not enabled for microphone. That fixed it.  So, in summary you should check to make sure all 3 places are enabled.  (1) in overall Oculus my microphone was unmuted. (2) in Horizons my microphone was enabled. (3) in app settings the permission was not enabled.

I never tried reinstalling Horizons so perhaps doing that would enable the microphone by default.

Thanks for your support - much appreciated.

Thanks for letting us know! We're happy to hear that you were able to figure it out and get your microphone working in Horizon Worlds, and thanks for sharing how in case anyone else has this problem and sees this thread!

If you ever need any help in the future, just let us know!

I have tried all of those ideas, did a reset, reinstalled horrizons, made sure all permissions were granted, made sure I was 100% unmuted in both the headset and in horrizon.  I've even formatted my device (quest 2) and still my mic is not working right.  I can hear just fine but no one can hear me which makes me feel like a ghost in the dry bar comedy world.  This makes me very sad because horrizon is my home away from home. 

RoastPork
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Thanks for doing all that troubleshooting! At this point, you should PM @MetaQuestSupport so they can look into this further for you and get you back in your home away from home.

Now you're playing with power...SUPER power!