cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone not working/working poorly

GallantSeeker56
Honored Guest

My microphone is on and I checked through all of my settings and nothing shows for it to not be working. But still when I try to use it, it doesn't pick up any audio unless I scream into it and when I listen back to what it heard, it's so faint that you strain yourself to hear it. This only started when I got resident evil 4, so is there something wrong with that app. I've checked the permissons given to that game and it showed none. I have no idea what else to do with it.

5 REPLIES 5

david.pond.1257
Explorer

im having the same issue

Hey there! Apologies we missed the initial outreach from the first poster! david.pond.1257, are you having the same issue in only Resident Evil as well?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am having the issue with everything, including voice commands. The Mic never works. I opened a trouble ticket and am so far unimpressed with the support I'm getting. I had already tried everything they suggested (restart, factory reset, etc.). The only thing I have not tried is plugging in a 3.5 mm headset with mic, which I don't have and had read that it is not supported by Oculus Quest 2. Am I mistaken?

I have read numerous posts in the community regarding microphone issues and have not seen any substantial help from support. This is very frustrating.

Thank you for confirming your issue for us. We understand troubleshooting is never fun, but we have to make sure we go through all possible options to try and resolve an issue. If you will please check your inbox you will see that the agent you were speaking to has reached back out. Now that you have confirmed that none of the troubleshooting steps have worked we will be looking into your options for a replacement.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Please don't make it sound like I am complaining about troubleshooting. I did all the troubleshooting before I contacted support. I am an electronics technician. I checked my inbox and supplied information that I have supplied multiple times already and information that you all should already have. I'm going back to find the post from the guy talking about a class action suite against Oculus/Facebook.