cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone not working

showbop
Honored Guest

My microphone on my quest 2 has seemingly stopped working. Every time i join a party or play an online game, other players either cant hear me or hear a loud static noise. I van hear everyone else perfectly fine but no one can hear me. What do i do? The quest is in near mint condition ive had it for over 2 years now and i take great care of it. It is not being used with a pc, just standalone. And let me say finding support for this issue has been an absolute pain. 

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @showbop, we noticed you are having some issues with your headset's microphone. Being able to communicate with your friends or a party, can enhance the experience of a game a lot. We also understand the importance of having the microphone work as intended for you again!

So that we can narrow this down, can you please review the following:

• Hard reboot the headset.
    1. Turn off your headset completely.
    2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
    4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
  • Ensure the volume is not muted or turned down too low.
  • Test with multiple games/apps.
  • Make sure the microphone is clean and not obstructed (the microphone is 2 pinholes located a few inches apart one on either side of the nose).
  • Check app settings.
  • Reset Microphone.
    • Settings > System > Sound > Toggle Microphone

Let us know this goes!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya hiya! We're just moseying on over to see if you are still in need of assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?