cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams on Quest 2?

So I log into Office 365 in the Quest Browser and when I try to launch Teams it attempts to launch but doesn't open correctly - it's been this way for a couple of months now.  Somebody did say it used to work.

Is there any way to get Teams on the Quest 2 that maybe I don't know about?

Thanks.

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3
8 REPLIES 8

There must be plenty of people wanting to use Teams, surely?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Maybe try a different free browser from the Quest app store.  Firefox for example;

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2180252408763702

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Hi Tom, thanks for the suggestion.  Obviously FF Reality is at the end of it's life - I know there is Wolvic but the link we are sending is for a WebXR app and I've found it runs best in the Meta Quest Browser so am wanting the link to be in that browser.

@Hiro_Protag0nist  Probably best to contact Oculus support and ask them about what if anything can be done with their browser.  Some apps are kinda picky with your Quest settings.  Maybe go to your settings/apps/ and enable storage.  I did this with Amazon Prime and it fixed the startup problems I was having with it.  I don't use Microsoft Teams so I'm sorry I cannot give you any solid advice.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Did you ever get this solved? I am considering buying the Quest 2, but only if it currently supports Microsoft Teams.

Hey there @SeminoleDoug! Thanks for reaching out. Currently Microsoft Teams is not supported on the quest 2, however there are future plans to bring a Microsoft Teams app to the Quest 2 along with many other Microsoft products!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jmn2023
Honored Guest

We will soon celebrate first year of the announced upcoming Teams and Zoom support in Quest. That was a nice trick during release of Quest Pro that convinced me to buy one.  Given Meta's cuts of investments in VR and their new fancy love called AI, I anticipate this will never happen.

Or maybe Microsoft will decide to co-invest Teams support if and when Quest 3 becomes a success. So I would not count on it this year. Otherwise there would be leaks of Public Preview dates by now.

Oh, by the way, FrameVR announced the launch of Teams support in their application, I am still to try it out. Maybe Meta should just buy this company? If they do, I officially claim my stake of 1% from the deal size for the idea :).

alec2dabreen
Explorer

Still waiting on this.

WHARRGARBL