cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Display Port Adapter

bryandimino1
Explorer
My brother was using the Oculus Rift S on his laptop, he accidentally yanked on the tether and broke the mini display port adapter. We went through Oculus Support and got another adaptor. We tried it and it did not work on his laptop assuming the port was broken. Fast forward 2 months I just purchased the Alienware M15 and tried it on my laptop. It gives me the exact same issue. I go to device setup and plug in the usb and display port. It detects the display port for all of ten seconds. I've come to the conclusion the new adaptor is the issue. I created another ticket but does anyone know where I can just straight up buy new replacement adaptors. These parts shouldn't be impossible to find. I know that the Oculus Certified one is the only one that works. Also note the Oculus Rift S was working on my desktop so I have been using it.
8 REPLIES 8

sraura
Heroic Explorer
Make sure that your M15 is configured so that rift will be connected directly to the discrete graphics card.

bryandimino1
Explorer
Yeah I made sure that I am directly connected. 

bparres09
Honored Guest
How much time did it take to get the replacement adapter? I need one myself

deathmocker
Honored Guest

Anyone know how to get a replacement adapter I sent mine in with the headset I can buy it at a reasonable price 

NaturalDisaster
Honored Guest

Hey.   I also need a replacement adapter.  Please let me know if anyone figures out how to get one. 

Hello NaturalDisaster. Thanks for reaching out. We understand that you're inquiring about an adapter. We can certainly assist you with this. Here is a link to our adapted. Please reach out if you have further questions. We're always here to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi.  The link you have provided does not have the mini displayport adapter i am inquiring about.  I need the replacement adapter for the Rift S and the link is to accessories for the Meta Quest. 

We encourage you to PM us or submit a support ticket HERE. That way, we can look into this together and see if we can get you the adapter you need to continue enjoying your Rift S. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!