cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Oculus Quests - How to set up headsets on the same device with different accounts?

AVRThree
Honored Guest

So, I have multiple quests (more than 4) and some older Go's. I'd like to set them all up on separate accounts so that they can play against each other on multiplayer games. Problem is when I do the Oculus setup it logs me into the account that's on the app on my phone. I want to be able to set up 8+ separate Quest headsets on separate Meta accounts. How do I do that on one phone? Is there a pro plan or other way to accomplish this? Frustrated that it seems that my Meta account can only support 1 admin and 3 other accounts but they can't do multiplayer or use the same game at the same time on the other headsets? What about people that want large quantities of quests for times we throw parties or family get togethers?

14 REPLIES 14

AVRThree
Honored Guest

The above... Meta Quest 2s, not just Meta Quests...

Hey AVRThree!

At the moment, it's only possible to add multiple accounts into a single headset with the same device, all users can add up to 3 secondary accounts to the Quest 2 headsets to play games, and app share - more information on that can be found here.

As for multiple headsets under different accounts, you'll need multiple mobile devices to register under the main account.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

gregx.2023
Honored Guest

So do I need to go buy a separate smart phone or tablet for every Quest 2 that I just bought?  What is the cheapest way to do that?  This could significantly add to the cost.

Hey there, @gregx.2023. That's correct, for multiple headsets on separate accounts, there would need to be a mobile device for each of them. The best way to go about this would be having your friends/family that you'd like to game with setup their own accounts and pair with the headsets they'll be using. You can learn more about this by reading over this article, hopefully this helps! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

tox1cturk3y
Honored Guest

Just to clarify... I have two kids with two separate headsets. I can or cannot set up two profiles in my one app? Will I need to add the app to a different mobile device with a separate account (two different email addresses)? Just want to clarify before I move forward.

Also, I accidentally added our second Device to the same account/profile. How do I remove it?

kojack
MVP
MVP

The mobile app has a log in and out feature. You can have any number of accounts on your phone, you just have to log in to the one you want.

For example, log in to account 1, setup up headset. Log in to account 2, set up next headset, etc.

I've got 7 accounts on my phone, one personal (this one), one for work and 5 developer test accounts. They control multiple headsets. All from one phone.

You don't need to be logged in to an account on the phone for that headset to work, it's find to just use it to set up then only log in if you need to change a setting.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

@MetaQuestSupport wrote:

Hey there, @gregx.2023. That's correct, for multiple headsets on separate accounts, there would need to be a mobile device for each of them.

That is absolutely untrue. Multiple headsets, each with a different account, can all be controlled by a single mobile device. You can swap which account is active on the phone by logging out / in.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Thank you Kojak.  It is absolutely ridiculous that Meta rep is telling folks to buy another phone so your kids can play the same arena together.  I have the same issue.  Two kids each with their own Meta Quest headset and they want to play Gorilla Tag together.  I did the same thing as @gregx.2023 and I assigned my 2nd purchased headset to the existing account (i.e., account used to connect original headset).  I understand I just need to create a 2nd account and login with that account and then connect the 2nd headset.  HOWEVER, how do I get the 2nd headset to not be associated with the account I used originally.  (Logging out of account on my phone only gives me opportunity to log in under a different account name.)

But can they play together? 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?