cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Quest 2 sets

Aud7777
Protege

Hi all! Hoping you can help me. I bought two of the Quest 2.  When I set up the second Quest, I created a separate account for him. Was that wrong? If so, can I change it? We want to be able to share the apps we buy. Also, can we play simultaneously? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @Aud7777. We'll be more than happy to assist you with getting you and your friend set up with app sharing. If you want to App Share that person the games that you have/bought, you will need to make your account the primary on their headset. If you have already added their account to their headset you'll need to do a factory reset to remove it. Please follow these steps to do a factory reset. 

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

After you do the factory reset, please add your account on the device first to become the primary. After you do that, please follow these steps to enable App Share:

1. Press the oculus button on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  3. Select  Settings in the top right corner, then select  Accounts.
  4. Select the toggle next to App Sharing to turn on App Sharing.

Then please add their own account to the device so they can become the secondary on the headset. To answer your question, yes. You two can play simultaneously after completing those steps. We hope this answers your questions and can get everything situated for the both of you. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach back out and let us know.  

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Aud7777
Protege

Hi. I did a factory reset on my husband’s Quest 2.  I deleted all the info from my returned Quest pro, and disabled app sharing on ALL devices.  I set myself up as admin on the both Quest 2’s, so I am now the admin on both. When I tried to allow app sharing on the factory resetted Quest,  it is still saying I’m already sharing and to turn off app sharing from the other device. It’s off. I restarted both head sets. Should I add my husband’s account to the 2nd Quest that I reset, BEFORE clicking allow share apps? I tried both ways with no success.  Can I use the same username and password that I used for him before I did the factory reset, or set it up as a new account? Do I need to uninstall the meta app from his phone, reinstall it and then set up his account with a new user name?  Am I supposed to use his phone and app to add him, or can I do it on mine???  When I tried to add him as a user using my phone/app, the code comes up and it says it’s paired, but doesn’t move to the next step. Since I did a factory reset on his, should I delete all the account info from that device before adding him, and then set him up him a new username? Lastly, if I do this, I don’t know which device’s number belongs to each device, so is there a way to figure that out?  Since I haven’t bought any games yet, would it be easier to just factory reset both devices and start all over?  If so, the questions above still apply. I’ve only had the 2 devices a few days and can still return them to Best Buy and start over. 🤔
Thanks in advance for any help!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Hey Aud7777, thanks for posting on the forums about this! We totally understand why app sharing is so important to you as you have multiple devices and we want to get you the help you need! Once you’ve added an additional account to your Meta Quest headset, you can share eligible apps from your admin account with additional accounts on the device by turning on App Sharing. To turn on App Sharing from your device:

1. Press  on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
3. Select  Settings in the top right corner, then select  Accounts.

If the issue still persists, please open a ticket with our Online Support Team so they can guide you through more advanced troubleshooting options!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

We're glad we could provide that information to you! If you have any further questions, reach out to us. We'll be glad to provide help!

I want to do a factory reset on one, and start over. Still not working! 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Hello @Aud7777! We would love to help you get those games on the second account. We do understand how family's love to play the same games and share the VR experience. We would like to go ahead and suggest enabling app sharing so both accounts can enjoy the games. Once you’ve added an additional account to your Meta Quest headset, you can share eligible apps from your admin account with additional accounts on the device by turning on App Sharing.

To turn on App Sharing from your device:

1. Press / on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu.
  3. Select Settings in the top right corner, then select Accounts.

We hope this helps! Feel free to reach out to us at any time. We are here to help.

Hello @Aud7777! We are just circling back to check and see if you still need assistance with accessing those games on the second account. We are here to help if you still need it. Feel free to reach out to us at any time.