cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users on one account

PendletonLibrary
Explorer

Our library purchased this for our patrons to check out so we obviously don't want them to have our account's log in information. We do not need any progress/scores saved so is there a way to download the games, and just hand the Quest2 headset and controllers to a stranger to play the games? We'll have to return this if not...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there, @PendletonLibrary! Thanks for getting back to us with that question. We would highly recommend setting your own unlock pattern for the headset in order to add some extra security to your profile and information inside the headset when guests are using it. You can set one by following the instructions on the page here. You can also set a personal PIN to protect against any unwanted purchases attempted on the headset while it's being used. You can find more information on this on our website here. All of this can be handled in the Meta Quest mobile or PC app, so you'll have complete control at all times. We hope this information will be helpful to you. If you have any further questions, please let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @PendletonLibrary, we saw that you asked a question about accounts and were trying to find out if you could remove your information from the device after use. The answer is yes; all you would need to do after using the headset is perform a factory reset; there is a link on our page that will show you how to do that.

• To perform a factory reset using your phone:
    • Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
    • Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
    • Tap the headset connected to your phone.
    • Tap Advanced Settings.
    • Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.
  • To perform a factory reset using the headset:
    • Turn off your headset.
    • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Greetings, @PendletonLibrary. We want to make sure you still need assistance with your account issue, so if you do, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

PendletonLibrary
Explorer

I still need help with this. I don't want to do a factory reset; instead, I want multiple users to play games, use the headset, but not be able to access my account, set any kind of privacy codes, etc. I want to share my headset with a bunch of strangers, allow them to enjoy it, but not control it behind the scenes.

No, I want everything intact on the headset-all the games I've added, etc. I just don't want others to be able to set any log in/account information.

Hey there. @PendletonLibrary! Thank you for clearing that up for us! It appears that you are wanting to be able to add multiple accounts on your headset without the users of those accounts being able to access your personal information on your account. We definitely understand the importance of your account security and we'd be more than happy to provide you with the instructions on how to add multiple accounts! Here are the instructions for how to add a Secondary Account:

1. Press the Oculus button on your right Touch controller to pull up your universal menu
  2. Hover over the clock on the left-hand side of the universal menu. When Quick settings appears, select it to open the Quick settings panel
  3. Select Settings in the top-right corner, then select Accounts
  4. Select Add account in the top-right corner
    • If you don't already have an unlock pattern set up for your headset, you will be asked to create one before adding additional accounts to your device
  5. Select Continue, then hand the headset to the other person to add their account to your headset. They will be guided through the initial setup, including logging in to Facebook, adjusting headset fit and setting up Guardian.
    • Note, The secondary account may need to enter a security code during login.

If you would like additional information pertaining to adding multiple accounts and app sharing, you can click here. Please let us know if you happen to have any further questions or concerns as we are always happy to help! 

Hi again! We just wanted to drop in and see if the steps provided were able to help. If not, you can always contact our amazing support team for some additional one-on-one assistance.

I will be able to try this next Tuesday when I'll be away from my library desk. I'll definitely let you know if it works, and I'm excited to try it. Fingers crossed...

Heyyy @PendletonLibrary! Thank you for getting back to us and keeping us updated. Feel free to reach back out to us if you happen to have any further questions or concerns a we are always happy to help! 

PendletonLibrary
Explorer

Hi- So I've had a chance to look through the instructions for using this headset at a library, and simply adding multiple accounts does not solve our problem. We want patrons to be able to use the headset, but not set any unlock patterns, or purchase anything, or access our account at all. However, we want them to be able to play the games and access the features on the device. Is this possible?