cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Meta Quest 2 just smells like something is burning inside

DaniGiGi
Level 2

Hi,

I was about to configure my Quest 2 headset with my PC through air link and now smells like something burnt inside and doesn't turn on anymore. Did anyone experience something like that?

I bought the VR set last 15/08/2022 and I treated like if it was a baby: No scratches, bought a case.... 

I turned them on, got into the safe area configuration, selected the reduced area mode, took them off for 5 minutes to configure Oculus PC App, and now they don't turn on anymore. Attaching the power cable to them does not light the LED either.

I guess I will definitely get a replacement, right? It happened out of the sudden and definitely has nothing to do with usage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously. For us to assist best, please click here to contact us and get in touch with an agent: https://metaque.st/Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here at Meta Quest, we take health and safety seriously. For us to assist best, please click here to contact us and get in touch with an agent: https://metaque.st/Support

Hi support team,

thank you for your feedback. I am trying to fill out the replacement form, but it says that the device will be sent to Switzerland. I’m from Spain, and I am not able to change the delivery location.

Can I get some assistance please?

thank you in advance!

Hey, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you @DaniGiGi! We'll need to gather some additional information, so could you please send us a PM by selecting our name to get to our profile page, or click here, then click "Send a Message" to privately message us (and please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message).

We look forward to hearing back from you and getting this resolved as quickly as possible!