cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Meta Quest 2

whitee.91.2023
Explorer

Hello all,i really love my meta quest 2 128GB ,but i am looking at purchasing a battery pack that plugs in underneath the Elite Strap i am using,could you help me here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Occupunk
Heroic Explorer

I think it is against forum policy to post links, but if you go to your favorite online retailer and search for "quest 2 battery", I'm sure you'll see a ton of options.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Occupunk
Heroic Explorer

I never found a strap on battery I could tolerate wearing for long periods.

My favorite batteries to use on quest 2 are the tiny ones that plug directly into the quest USB-C and are held on by the friction of the connector. They are about the size size of an 18650 battery (a bit larger than a AA). The ones I use can be left on as the charger will charge both them and the headset at the same time. I have two of them, but its very rare that I need to swap them out while playing. 

If your play sessions are longer than 2 hours, then these smaller batteries may not work for you.

Thanks for that,can you explain a bit more what you mean?,i am a newbie with accessories for my meta quest 2?

Occupunk
Heroic Explorer

img1.JPGimg2.JPG

Fungazii
Retired Support

Has that caused any trouble with the headset? I've never seen anything like that on the official Quest store. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen something like that.

I don't jump around much while playing games, but after a year of using it, I haven't noticed it becoming "loose". I imagine that it could damage the headset over time if someone was jumping around alot, but it worked OK for me. Quest 3 coming in a couple days, so I may be back in the battery market soon, but at least its goodbye to all that 64GB app swapping ... 🙂

Thank you @Occupunk ,this looks like what i need,could you possibly provide a link where i can purchase one of these please?

Occupunk
Heroic Explorer

I think it is against forum policy to post links, but if you go to your favorite online retailer and search for "quest 2 battery", I'm sure you'll see a ton of options.

@Occupunk  Thanks a lot will look on websites,i also have the Meta Quest 2 Docking Station also 

Have decided to purchase a 5M cable for the default meta quest 2 charger 

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?