cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus Rift S controllers drift

MyNameIsJacob
Level 2

Both my left and right controller drift while playing or even in oculus home. For example when trying to walk straight with my left controller I barely move and my right controller constantly spins me around no matter what turning mode I choose. In every game I have to turn off turning because otherwise I can't play. Is there any fix ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TinyAngryPanda
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

If you haven't tried already, you can clean the controllers using either a cloth or non-abrasive anti-bacterial wipes (do not use alcohol or an abrasive cleaning solution). Have you also tried removing the batteries for longer than 30 minutes and/or replacing them with new batteries? And, while this may not apply since you have a Rift S but would still be good to rule out, are you able to try increasing the dead zone?

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
  3. Select Controllers in the left menu
  4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
  5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

If none of that works or you've tried it with no change, you should definitely reach out to support by clicking the link here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If the controllers are under warranty, log a support call to have them replaced. If they aren't, google "Quest Drift" to find options ranging in increasing effectiveness from setting a deadzone to hide the drift for a bit (support will be along shortly to suggest just that) through cleaning with compressed air or contact cleaner, to replacing the joystick module. Pick whichever you feel most competent to achieve.

TinyAngryPanda
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

If you haven't tried already, you can clean the controllers using either a cloth or non-abrasive anti-bacterial wipes (do not use alcohol or an abrasive cleaning solution). Have you also tried removing the batteries for longer than 30 minutes and/or replacing them with new batteries? And, while this may not apply since you have a Rift S but would still be good to rule out, are you able to try increasing the dead zone?

1. Go to Settings
  2. Go to Hands and Controllers Settings
  3. Select Controllers in the left menu
  4. Next to Thumbstick range and dead zone, select the joystick which is having issue
  5. Follow on-screen instructions to recalibrate the joysticks deadzones

If none of that works or you've tried it with no change, you should definitely reach out to support by clicking the link here.