cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus Rift S has stopped working

DaBigMehi
Honored Guest

For the past month or so my oculus rift s has slowly decayed in quality. now every time I launch an application, it works fine for about 1-4 minutes before freezing my entire computer, shutting down and giving me a message that my DisplayPort has disconnected. I have gone over countless forum posts and tutorials trying to figure this out, and none seem to help. I have has my rift s for around 2 years now and haven't physically damaged it. I'm certain this is a bug with the physical headset and I'm not sure what to do

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine too, for months, nothing works. I'm waiting for a Vbios by MSI. I will let you know.

ghs22
Protege

Yeah welcome to hell. Same here since the first week I bought it almost two years ago. Oculus/Facebook refuses to fix or has no idea how to fix this USB/Display port disconnect problem. I lose it every time I use Microsoft Flight Sim 2020. Screen goes black. Have to restart everything. Flight ruined usually due to CTD. It's infuriating that they wont or cant fix this. They always blame the cord. Then you buy a new cord and it still does it.

Well that's great for a laptop but what about a PC?

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DaBigMehi,

Oh no! Thank you for sending out an SOS here. We want you back enjoying VR again pronto!

At this point, we recommend collecting your PC logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response here at https://metaque.st/Support, where Your Meta Quest Team is waiting to get you online!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!