cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus tracking system isn’t working when I try to continue with my controllers it won’t work.

ez_fred
Honored Guest

So When I turn on my oculus I am met with a black screen that says tracking lost and when I try to click continue with my controllers it doesn’t work and my controllers don’t move at all but they are on because they are blinking white and they are buzzing too. 

I don’t know what to do I’ve tried everything and nothings helped please help.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, @ez_fred! We understand you were encountering a black screen when turning the headset on. We certainly want to get you back to gaming as soon as possible with a fully functional headset, and we will work together on this. Firstly, we would want to remove any third-party accessories, such as external battery packs, accessories that plug into the USB-C port, etc. Next, we would want to hard reboot the headset, following the steps below:

1. Hold down the power button and volume-down button for 30 seconds until you hear the boot-up sound.
  2. If the boot-up sound is not heard:
  • Hold the power and volume (-) buttons down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Boot Device" and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

The next step would be to factory reset the headset, following the steps here. What this will do is reset the device to a "like-new" state, wiping all information and data off the device. Some of this data can be restored by enabling Cloud Backups beforehand; however, keep in mind that while Cloud Backup is available to all Meta Quest developers, it's up to developers to decide whether to enable this feature for their app and what data is backed up. You can find which installed apps have Cloud Backups enabled on the Cloud Backups page of your Meta account profile.

Once you've set up Cloud Backups, ensure your device is fully charged, then proceed with the factory reset. 

Please let us know if it should continue and include which headset this is happening with, along with any further troubleshooting that has been attempted. We look forward to hearing back, and have a great day.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We are just checking in regarding the black screen when turning the headset on. Please contact us back if you should still need assistance and we can look into this further. Have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?