cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rift S Keeps getting a black screen and making white noise. Looking for a fix

SuperDuperP1ka
Level 2

Hello, recently my Rift S keeps Getting a black screen after launching any kind of game and making white noise sounds after it gets the black screen. 

To fix this issue I've tried the Following
I've uninstalled and reinstalled oculus app Including the folder 

I've removed and re added device

Ive made sure my graphics card is up to date as well as windows 10

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SuperDuperP1ka, looks like you're having an issue with a black screen on your Rift, we know how pesky this can be and will do our best to fix this issue! Since you've tried some troubleshooting steps, we'd like for you to confirm the following.

• Verify your DisplayPort is not loose and connected.
  • Verify the headset shows up in the Devices menu
  • Check for any LEDs within the Rift S headset
  • Confirm if this issue only happens within a game or the menu as well
  • Reseat the cable on both the headset side and the side that plugs into the GPU and inspect it for damage such as bent pins, frays, twists, kinks, etc.

Please be sure to follow these steps to gather your Oculus Logs and submit a ticket to our Support Team. Be sure to provide them with the Oculus Logs as well as the information above, they'll be able to view that information and assist further. We'll have this sorted out as quickly as possible!

Only when in game I've done everything else you've listed  

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for giving those tips a try! We appreciate you letting us know. We may need to take a closer look into this for you, here's how you can gather your PC logs to send to our support team:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    1. The link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your support ticket.

We look forward to getting this resolved for you!