The-MC-Yandere
Honored Guest

My airlink disconnects every time I start it up on my headset

I made a video showing what happens after I airlink

17 REPLIES 17

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, we know how much of an inconvenience not being able to operate your Quest 2 can be. No worries! We would like to provide you with some useful steps down below: 

1. Check that both of your PC and headset are on the same local network. 

2. Try toggling on/off the Air link toggle in PC App > Settings > Beta. Reboot your headset and restart you PC software. 

If these steps still don't bring positive results then please, collect your log files and create a support ticket, so we can take care of you. We got your back and wish you the best!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We hope all is well. 

We wanted to check in with you and see if the steps we provided helped you out. If not, please reach back out to us, so we can further investigate this matter just for you. Always here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

"Try toggling on/off the Air link toggle in PC App > Settings > Beta"

ever tried not taking it away from there? now i cant toggle it off OR on at the pc app.

@WhyU374, because the headset became stuck somehow, it could be a good idea to rebooting it for good measure. It could have become stuck after you changed the air link settings. If that doesn't work you might want to try factory resetting the headset. 

@WhyU374, were you able to try more troubleshooting? We are hoping that your problem was resolved, but please let us know if you're still having trouble. 

WhyU374
Honored Guest

i have in fact found something that fixes the issue, and its launching airlink alot of times until it does crash (usually about 10 times) and then your fine until you exit airlink or restar headset

*restart headset

We're glad to hear that you came across that workaround! We'd still like to see if we can get the issue resolved for you, has air link worked for you in the past? If so, has anything about your network or play area changed between now and when air link worked? We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you! 

it seems i have like 5 small updates so im going to install them and pray that airlink works first try

i got high hopes 😄