cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My husband cannot sign up Meta quest with his oppo phone.

RoyBenMum
Honored Guest

Hi, there.

My husband cannot sign up on Meta Quest via his oppo phone.

When he was required to create name for the account, system keep saying that thatis the available name that he can use.

I went through the same process with my galaxy phone, but my phone allow me to create ID I chose.

Could you help us with signing up for our Meta quest VR please?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @RoyBenMum! Thank you so much for reaching out to us! We know the virtual world isn't as fun if you don't have your husband with you, so we're here to help! 

You mentioned that your husband is unable to create the meta account via the sign up. Have you attempt to pull up Meta on your mobile browser (Such as Firefox, Google chrome, etc.) to see if it will allow you to create the account? Please keep in mind there is also username requirements that may be preventing that name from being created, we will list the requirements below:

• Between 3 - 30 characters in length
  • Contains at least one letter
  • Starts and ends with a letter or number
  • Can use only numbers, letters, underscores, and periods
  • No consecutive underscores or periods

Please let us know if trying to create the account through the mobile browser helped at all, we're looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @RoyBenMum! Thank you so much for reaching out to us! We know the virtual world isn't as fun if you don't have your husband with you, so we're here to help! 

You mentioned that your husband is unable to create the meta account via the sign up. Have you attempt to pull up Meta on your mobile browser (Such as Firefox, Google chrome, etc.) to see if it will allow you to create the account? Please keep in mind there is also username requirements that may be preventing that name from being created, we will list the requirements below:

• Between 3 - 30 characters in length
  • Contains at least one letter
  • Starts and ends with a letter or number
  • Can use only numbers, letters, underscores, and periods
  • No consecutive underscores or periods

Please let us know if trying to create the account through the mobile browser helped at all, we're looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @RoyBenMum! Just checking in to see if you were able to create your husband's Meta account? Let us know if there is anything we can do for you!

RoyBenMum
Honored Guest

Thank you! Somehow he logged in with VR machine directly and can use it without issue. Thank you for your support! 

We're so glad to hear that! We hope you two enjoy your virtual adventures together! If you run into any issues down the line, don't be afraid to reach out! We hope you're enjoying your day!

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?