cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My left quest 2 controller is broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

My left controller can not be tracked. The Ir lights in the ring of the controller are not working for no apparent reason, I have never hit anything with the left controller. I have used the pass through which shows the lights in my right controller but not the left.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ZxrPanda. We know how crucial it is to have your controllers working in order to play your favorite games, so we'd like to invite you to private message us so we can look into this further  for you. Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

david.tarvin.58
Sightseer

I'm having a problem with one of my controllers. I've been trying to figure out how to look at the IR lights but haven't succeeded yet. Can you explain how you used "pass-through" to see the IR lights on your controllers? Thanks!

Hello there @david.tarvin.58! We understand you're interested in using Passthrough. Not a problem. We'll be happy to guide you!

When you're creating or adjusting your Guardian, Passthrough comes up automatically. To be able to quickly enter Passthrough, you'll need to enable it:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select Settings from the top right of the panel.
  3. Select Guardian from the sidebar.
  4. Use the toggle next to Double Tap for Passthrough Shortcut to enable the feature.

Once enabled, you can switch into Passthrough by tapping either the left or right side of your headset twice. Keep in mind, you just need to tap the side of your headset, you aren't pressing any physical buttons to enter Passthrough.

Hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi! We're just checking in to see if you were able to get Passthrough working. Let us know if you still need assistance!

DandoggFN
Honored Guest

Hi! The same thing has happened to me and I have only just found out about the Forums. My left controller still doesnt sense movement very often, and I have done a factory reset before to no avail. At the same time, im not sure if my oculus controller still has a warrantee on it. And if it does, I will need to wait for a while for it to come back. This would be fine if I mainly played Beat saber, since One Saber mode is a thing, but I play Gorilla Tag. And the problem with that is I cant duke people, dodge tags, tag people, or run fast. And since all of my parents morgage is coming in and we can only spend cash, I cant use money from my savers and give it to my parents so that they can buy the controller with their debit card for me. Im willing to wait up to a month for it to be fixed, but it will be hard. Now im just hoping upon an unrealistic dream that theres not many broken controllers or broken software ( or high demand as its near christmas ) with the amount of Software updates recently for the headset AND controllers.

Oops! Forgot to mention that it is pretty bruised up with a few marks and bumps, but they hadn't been a problem until my brother used it. And on that fateful night, there was a large thud from where he was playing in and he said it was just the tv remote, but I believe he dropped the controller on the hard wood floor.

A broken controller?!?!? Oh no! This is not the way to enjoy your awesome VR device! We know the time this is taking away from being able to have you in the VR world with us! You can take a picture of the damage controller and get connected with our Meta Store Support! 

Please click here to book a call or to start a live chat with one of our outstanding representatives! We hope to see you again in the world of VR!