cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My login screen keeps moving and my controllers keep vibrating

Maggie2303
Honored Guest

Hi! When I turn on my oculus the main screen where I login keeps moving around and my controllers continuously vibrate but will not show in VR. I changed the batteries on the remote and restarted the device as well. Help!! I’m so sad.

8 REPLIES 8

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Maggie2303! Sorry to hear your device is acting a little strangely! You've already tried a few good steps in trying to fix things yourself which is awesome! Have you tried to reset the device fully yet? To do this you'll need to:

• Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If that doesn't get the headset working, let us know and we can look into this further for you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ive been having the same problem aswell and tried to perform a factory reset however when holding down the minus button and power button it will proceed to turn on the device to the regular screen rather then taking me to the reset menu.

You might need to factory reset from inside the application. By chance is your headset still paired to the application ? 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there @Cane8129! we're hoping that your problem reached a solution. If you still need help, please let us know. 

i did that and my screen still keeps  doing the same thing and the controllers keep vibrating

Hey there, @leodaking09. Thanks for contacting us and letting us know about the issues you have been having with the login screen moving and the weird vibrating controllers. We know that something like this can certainly put a halt to your VR time, and we would be happy to look into this for you. For us to take a peek at your account and ask some personal questions that we don't necessarily want to be broadcast publicly, can you please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed in to the community first to send us a private message.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

leodaking09
Honored Guest

i sent the message

Awesome, @leodaking09! We see your PM, and we look forward to assisting you further there.