cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My meta quest 2 isnt working

B2017CheeseCake
Honored Guest

So I don’t really know what happened, but one day I went to use my meta quest 2 and it had a purple light. And when I put it on, the only thing on screen was the little green Android guy and text saying “no command”, and if I press the on button 7 times it loads for a second then goes back to that screen. I don’t know why.

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We see you're having some troubles with your Quest 2, which is certainly never fun. We're here to help! Please try holding the power button for 10-15 seconds, then attempt to reboot your headset. If you continue having display issues, we recommend performing a factory reset. Make sure you have cloud backup enabled so you don't lose any data! You can then follow the steps found here to factory reset your device. We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi again! We wanted to see if the steps provided were able to get your device back up and running. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything, we're more than happy to lend a hand!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Well I tried holding down the power button for that amount of time but it didn’t work. It just reloaded to that same screen. But then I held volume down and the power button for 10-15 seconds and it took me to some sort of control screen with commands that I select with the volume buttons, and they were commands like “boot headset” and “device information” and also the factory reset, but the buttons don’t really do anything. Boot headset just reloads the headset to the same screen with the dead android guy, power off does the same thing, and I don’t wanna do factory reset because I don’t have cloud backup enabled.

I’ve been having the same issues and can’t find the true solution to this problem. Honestly been dealing with this for a couple of months now. 

Thanks for updating us @B2017CheeseCake. Since the troubleshooting was attempted and it continues to give you issues, we suggest you Submit a Ticket with us. We'll be able to take next steps and look into other possibilities further within that platform!

well I have an update. So I don’t know how, but by just pressing the volume down and power buttons my quest eventually just went back to normal. I don’t know how but it happened.

Hey there, @B2017CheeseCake! We're glad to hear that the issue was resolved! If there's ever anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to reach out to us! 

I’ve been trying that for months (since November) and still haven’t gotten it resolved. I pressed all the options let it sit on charge for days and it still shows the same screen. 

Hey there @M1naB3ar! We completely understand how it feels to have issues starting up your headset. Since you have already tried the troubleshooting listed above we recommend reaching out to our wonderful email, chat, and callback support team. Through these channels we have access to more troubleshooting tools, as well as the ability to look into any potential warranty options that may be available to you. Thanks!